PMEGP is a credit-linked subsidy providing body in India. The entire PMEGP Business list is mentioned in our article here. You just need to read it till the end.
PMEGP Stands for Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme that looks for the employment opportunities so that the youth of the country can generate employment for himself and others.
You can now avail PMEGP loan for all the positive business in India based on small and medium scale. The rate of interest varies from bank to bank. Usually it is between 11 to 12% per annum.
You can take PMEGP Loan from Canara Bank at nominal rates with less paper work. You can take PMEGP loan upto Rs 10 Lakh for Business and Service and Rs 25 Lakh for Manufacturing units.
To avail the PMEGP Scheme you need to apply online for PMEGP loan and then fill the loan application form online only. You will also have to submit the important documents that make you eligible to avail the loan.
Later you can submit the loan application and receive a call from KVIC department that confirms your submission. The KVIC approaches the bank and shares the loan application form with documents. The bank enquires about your financial status and agrees or rejects to give you loan.
You have to undergo EDP training and obtain its certificate because it is mandatory to submit it in the bank to avail the loan amount. The tenure to repay the PMEGP loan is 3 to 5 years.
Table of Contents
- 1 PMEGP Business List
- 2 Which Business Come Under PMEGP Loan Subsidy Scheme
- 3 Forest Based Industry Set Up Under PMEGP loan Scheme
- 4 Mineral Based Industry Business List In PMEGP
- 5 Polymer and Chemical Based Industry
- 6 Rural Engineering and Bio Tech Industry Business List In PMEGP 2022 – 2023
- 7 Service and Textile Industry under PMEGP Loan
- 8 PMEGP Business List Negative
- 9 PMEGP Loan For Meat Business
- 10 PMEGP Loan for Intoxicant Items
- 11 PMEGP Service Sector List
PMEGP Business List
PMEGP provides loan to entrepreneurs so that they can start their own business and create more employment opportunities. More business set ups promote more employment. The rate of interest varies from urban area to rural area. It also depends on your category be it general or special.
The business activities that are positive in the opinion of the government are included in the PMEGP business List and the negative ones are barred from getting loan.
Here is the complete list of PMEGP Business List.
Which Business Come Under PMEGP Loan Subsidy Scheme
Agro Based Food Processing Industry
- Bakery Products
- Bedana/Raisin Industry/Seeds Processing
- Cashew/Chironji processing (Dry Fruits)
- Cattle feed
- Charolie making
- Coconut and Areca nut products Daliya making
- Fruits and vegetable processing
- Masala Udyog
- Milk products making units
- Mini rice shelling unit/Rice Mill
- Noodles Making
- Paddy Unit (PCPI)
- Ghani Oil industry
- Groundnut Decordicator (Seeds/Oil Purpose)
- Indian sweets making
- Khava & Chakka Unit
- Manufacture of Mahendi
- Palmgur making and other palm products industry
- Papad Making
- Pepsi Unit/ Cold/Soft Drinks
- Poha Making Unit/Popcorn
- Power Atta chakki/Flour Mill
- Processing of Maize and Ragi
- Raswanti- sugarcane Juice catering unit
- Soda Mfg. products
- Supari Making Unit
- Manufacture of Cane-Gur and Khandsari/ Jaggery making
- Manufacturing of Chips from Banana(raw)/Potato
- Processing of Food Industry
- Manufacturing of Ice/Ice Candy
Forest Based Industry Set Up Under PMEGP loan Scheme
- Manufacture of Katha
- Manufacture of Shellac
- Manufacturing Pharmacetical products
- Photo framing
- Ayurvedic Medicine Mfg. by forest
- produce/medicinal plant
- Bamboo and Cane work
- Ban Making Unit
- Basket Making/Bag Making
- Collection of forest plants and fruits for medicinal purpose
- Kath Manufacturing
- Khus tattis and broom making
- Manufacture of Gums and Resins
Handmade Paper and Fiber Industry
- Leaf cup making
- Manufacture of Jute products (under Fibre industry)
- Manufacture of paper cups
- Mat Making
- Pith work
- Manufacture of exercise book binding
- Coir work
- Fibre items
- Handmade Paper/Thermocol
Mineral Based Industry Business List In PMEGP
- Mining activities & Trading small stone
- Mud pot Mfg.
- Polishing of Granite Stone Slabs/Granite
- Steam Coal Powder
- Stone cutting
- Utensil washing powder
- Cottage Pottery Industry
- Fuel briqueting
- Gem cutting
- Glassed decoration- cutting
- Goldsmith(Jewellery works)
- Idol Making
- Jewellery out of gold
- Manufacture of Glass toys
- Manufacturing of Plaster of paris
- Manufacture of gulal
- Manufacturing of paints
- Mfg/Processing Marble
- sheets/Tiles(Simple/Mosaic etc..)
- Cement Blocking
- Ceramic-Dental Teeth
- Clay Grinding
- Utility articles made out of stone
- Limestone Lime shell and other lime products Industry
- Manufacture of Bangles (LAC)
- Black Board/ Slate and Slate pencil/Chalk making
- Blue Metal Jelly (excavation of stone quarries for crushing of blue metal jelly)
- Brick Bhatta
Polymer and Chemical Based Industry
- Menthol oil
- Net Making
- Nylon rope making
- PVC insulated Wire & Cables
- Perfumes Making
- Products out of Rexin PVC
- Cottage soap industry
- Detergents and washing powder making (non-toxic)
- Leather works
- Manufacture of Bindi
- Manufacturing of Poly Bags etc.
- Manufacture of PVC Shoes
- Manufacturing of Resin & Tarpoline Oil
- Cottage Match Industry / Manufacture of Fireworks and Agarbattis
- Manufacture of Essential oils
- Manufacturing of Rubber products (dipped latex) Rubber Sheets
- Manufacture of Shampoos
- Manufacturing packing items of plastics
- Manufactures of hair oil
- Chappal Making/Shoes Making
- Chemical Industry
Rural Engineering and Bio Tech Industry Business List In PMEGP 2022 – 2023
- Solar and wind energy implements
- Stove wicks
- Threasur machine Unit
- Tin smithy
- Transformer/Elect.Motor Pump/Generators
- Trunk & Peti Mfgs.
- Umbrella assembling
- Welding Work
- Wire net making
- Wood Work
- Manufacture of musical instruments
- Manufacturing of Handmade utensils out of brass
- Manufacture of Household aluminium utensils
- Manufacturing of Rural Transport vehicles such as hand carts
- Manufacture of Various Material Handling Equipments
- Manufacturing of decorative bulbs
- Manufacture of electronic clocks and alarm time pieces
- Production of voltage stablizer
- Rotary Furnace
- Saw Mill
- Manufacturing of Plateform scales/ Dharamkanta
- Manufacture of Screw/Ball Bearing
- Manufacturing of storage batteries
- Manufature of Steel Grills
- Manufacture of handmade utensils out of Bell metal
- Manufacturing of handmade utensils out of copper
- Manufacture of paper pins
- Manufacturing of Engg. Instruments(Tube-lights
- Manufacturing of Machinery Spare Parts/Bearing etc.
- Automobile work
- Motor winding
- Production of Bumper Plant Protecter
- Manufacturing of Radios
- Production of cassette player whether or not fitted with Radio
- Carved wood and artistic furniture making
- Computer Assembling
- Engineering Works( Agrl implements)
- Fabrication Work
- Foundary Unit
- Immitation Jewellery (Bangles) Making
- Iron grill making
- Iron work
- Manufacturing of Mixer Grinder and other House hold goods.
Service and Textile Industry under PMEGP Loan
- Manufacture of Lok Vastra cloth
- Manufacture of Silk Sarees
- Mineral Water
- Offset Printing & Binding
- Painter/Mfg. of Paints.
- Plumbing Polyvastra/Silk
- Cable T.V. Network/ Computer Centre
- Cotton Bed/pillows
- Cycle repair shops
- Dyeing & Raising(Flannel)
- Embroidery of Fabrics
- HDPE Bag Stitching &Printing
- Mandap Decoration
- Printing Press/Screen Printing
- Repairs of diesel engines p
- Band troupe
- Battery charging
- Herbal Beauty Parlour/Ayurvedic Herbal Products
- Hiring of sound system like loud speaker
- Agriculture servicing for sprayers
- Art board painting/Spray Painting
- Auto Service Centre
- Ban Making
PMEGP Business List Negative
The PMEGP loan scheme can reject several business activities that are not ethical in Indian society or the ones if spread can harm or spoil the Indian society in one way or the other. If you deal in such business activities and are in need to get loan don’t try under PMEGP loan scheme because it is only going to waste your time.
The list of activities that are not permitted under PMEGP are the following.
PMEGP Loan For Meat Business
The industry or business that is releated to meat saultering. It can be processing, canning or serving meat in India as food. So if you are a producer of meat or manufacture anything that relates to flesh you cannot get PMEGP loan in India.
PMEGP Loan for Intoxicant Items
If you deal in business that produces intoxicant business in India, you cannot obtain PMEGP loan scheme. The Indian government doesn’t considers this business ethical and won’t give you loan.
Other intoxicant items in this category are beedi, pan, cigarette or cigar. Any food outlet that serves intoxicant itms is denied business loan under PMEGP scheme. The restaurant that serves liquor is also bared from getting PMEGP loan.
A firm that prepares or produces tobacco is not given loan under PMEGP scheme.
A business that deals in cultivating crops or plantation like coffee, rubber and tea are not the business that fall under PMEGP loan. Other activities in this category are animal husbandry, piggery, harvesting, pisciculture, horticulture etc.
Manufacturing of polythene that is used as a carry bag is of less than 20 microns thickness and manufacturing them or their containers that are used to store, carry or dispense packed food is harmful to the environment. So you cannot avail financial aid for this business.
There are industries working to process the pashmina shawls and other products that involve hand spinning or hand weaving. It causes harm to human health. Thus Khadi needs to be promoted so that you can avail rebate and loans.
PMEGP Service Sector List
PMEGP service sector list is the complete list of services that you provide to customers. You can avail loan under PMEGP for providing your services. The loan amount is upto 10 Lakh. You can apply for loan for service providing online on the KVIC E-portal. Fill in the form and submit documents. The bank will check out your eligibility and provide you loan if you are eligible and have shown all the important documents.