The startup of glass mirrors by going through our mirror glass project report will get easy for you to establish. Glass mirrors are manufactured using the superior quality of sheet glass that varies around 2mm to 7 mm in thickness. Later it is coated with chemicals to get the desired reflection.
There is a good demand for these mirrors in the market nationwide. The demand for glass mirrors is high in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, vehicles, saloons, and railways. People usually love to see themselves in glass mirrors. Therefore they are found in each household as well.
Reasons why you should purchase the project report of Mirror Glass
Table of Contents
- Since we have highlighted the critical areas of product advantages, its demand, and why you should invest in this business, the glass mirror project report will help you identify an attractive project in which you can invest your money and time and look for opportunities to diversify your venture.
- The product’s definition, functions, market potential, and research this project has everything included for you.
- The glass mirror project report explains the project’s authenticity by mentioning the raw materials needed, the production process, the machinery needed, and the set-up.
- Forecasts related to the demand for mirrors are included in the project report, which assists in assuming the industry performance and making important business decisions.
Function Of Glass Mirror
Here are the uses of Glass Mirror.
- Mirrors are versatile in functioning. They have a great demand for cosmetic purposes in dressing areas and washrooms. Mirrors are helpful in the military for giving signals.
- In HD TVs microscopic mirrors are used. Mirrors play a crucial role in interior decoration. They are useful in interior decoration too.
- In malls, mirrors are useful to amuse people by entertaining them as fun mirrors.
Advantages Of Glass Mirrors
- Mirrors give the illusion of space. Therefore you can manufacture hanging glass mirrors and users can hang them in small rooms to reflect the open space available. Buyers place the identical mirrors to make a place look less cramped.
- Mirrors presents a statement therefore you can produce large mirrors that can be brought by the people for decoration purposes.
- Mirrors make a room look appealing. So you must try to manufacture mirrors that enhance the beauty of a plain area.
- Mirrors increase the lightening of a room, therefore when people look at the interiors for light objects mirror is one of them.
- Mirror helps people look sharp whenever they look at themselves in the mirror. Therefore it is in good demand.
- Mirrors attract positive energy In any space they are placed. So you can manufacture them in bulk and make profits.
- Security mirrors are also useful so you can start a business in them as well. They are mostly used in showrooms to keep an eye on the employees working.
- Mirrors can hide imperfections.
Types Of Glass Mirrors
Mirrors reflect the light falling on them. Some mirrors are two-way and some are one-way. The two-way mirrors are the ones that reflect the light that passes through them whereas the one-way mirrors are those which have one dark side and another one that reflects light.
According to the shape, a mirror is convex and concave too. The convex has the shape of a bowl that turns upward whereas, in a concave mirror, the bowl turns inward.
Also Read: Article on Top 50 Manufacturing Business Ideas.
Raw Material Required For Glass Mirror
We are going to tell you What is a glass mirror made of?
Glass being the poor conductor can only reflect 4% of the light that falls on it. Glass is a good item because it has transparency, uniformity, hardness, rigidity, and a smooth finish. One can make several shapes from a mirror.
The basic raw material for the mirror is silica which is obtained from the sand. To produce a high-quality mirror, several other glasses are used too. This glass, therefore, contains chemical components that help to produce a strong glass that can beat the harshness caused by extreme conditions of the environment.
For example, People get pyrex from silica and boron, which are used in mirrors that can beat extremely high temperatures.
The mirror glass is coated and the most common coating is done using metals like silver, gold, or chrome. The coating that is going on for years is the silver. Nowadays coating is also done using silicon oxide, nitride, etc. The coating works as a reflector, and the mirrors show resistance to scratch.
How Glass Mirrors Are Made?
The process of making mirrors is not complex. One can manufacture mirrors by reflective coating on mirrors. Nowadays mirrors are made by using non-toxic aluminum or silver coating.
The polish of the glass must be perfectly done and any impurity that remains in this task is going to create waves in the mirrors. There are many methods to prepare glass mirrors by coating them using the metal of your choice.
Metal is boiled in chambers designed especially for this purpose and later it is condensed. A thin and perfect coating is done on the glass sheet and the other side of the mirror is painted so that the metal coating remains good.
Mirrors are designed so that they look effective. The glass sheet on which the mirror is made must be durable and flat. The thickness of the mirror is important too. For mirrors that are used in heavy-duty, the thickness matters there too so that the strength of the mirror increases proportionately to the thickness. The coating that is to be done on the mirror depends upon the purpose of the mirror and its design.
Elements included in the project report.
The Project Report of Mirror Glass Manufacturing includes the following elements.
|2||Project At A Glance|
|5||Basis And Presumption|
|9||Approximate Power Requirement|
|11||Projected Balance Sheet|
|12||Projected Profitability Statement|
|13||Cash Flow Statement|
|14||Computation of Manufacturing|
|16||Computation of Working Capital Requirement|
|18||Repayment Schedule of Bank Loan|
|19||Calculation of D.S.C.R|
|20||Break Even Point Analysis|
Basis And Presumptions
- The employees will work on a single shift basis that is 8 to 5 p.m type and for a total of 300 days in a year.
- You can get the full production in the initial year only.
- You must pay at least minimum wages to your labor as much fixed by the government.
- To calculate interest, take 13% for both fixed & working capital about total investment.
- The operation period in this business is 10 years approximately.
- The construction charges, land cost, machinery, equipment, etc are required and counted as expenses.
- Expenses depend upon the price of items prevailing in the market
Manufacturing Process Of Glass Mirror
Cutting and Shaping The Glass
The initial step in this process is cutting the glass in the form of a mirror is to be made. Some manufacturers buy the glass in cut form and make mirrors and a few producers of glass mirrors cut them and then prepare mirrors from them.
Finely pointed blades are used to cut the glass into shapes. Cutting is done before applying a coating to the glass sheet because the coating may flake off. An alternative is kept while cutting the glass that forms blanks when the glass is molded in molten form.
Blanks are put in an optical grinding machine. These machines have big base plates that hold the blanks and later they are placed against the other metal plate in the shape of the mirror be it concave or convex.
A grinding liquid is put on the glass blanks when they are rubbed against the curved surface. The gritty compound takes away the glass surface till it takes the shape as that of the plate. Later the surface becomes smooth and versatile. A hand grinding machine is also a good option in this case but they are time-consuming and tough to manage. They are useful when mechanical grinding doesn’t help.
Apply reflective material for glass mirror
The reflective material that your client wants can be applied to the glass surface once it is smoothly polished and coated. You can apply it in an apparatus, called the evaporator.
Blanks are placed above the holes in the plate kept on the upper side so that the metal vapor can reach the surface of the glass. The metal is heated for a long time, as much is required for it to set on the glass. The glass is then coated which gives it a uniform and reflecting surface.
Transferring to Glass
The upper plate holes shape is transferred to glass in metal by painting. This helps to pattern the mirror.
These are the protective layers over metals. They are silicon nitrate and silicon oxide. When they both combine in heat, they form a solid substance and this forms a coating like metals.
The evaporation steps are used to do multi-layer coating. Mirrors that have a silver coating on their back have an opaque dielectric layer so that they can show better reflection. This also helps the metal away from scratches.
When the coating is applied to the mirror, the finished mirror is packed carefully and kept in a safe place for shipping.
Market Potential For Mirror Glass Project Report
In the utility of glass mirrors, the market potential is an essential item. If it is missing, you cannot imagine the success of your organization. In the market, there are around 325 units in this business that are manufacturing mirrors with simple machines. The mirror glass project report contains a lot more about the market of mirror glass.
Being artisan in nature, a glass mirror is used for decorative purposes. Around 7.2 million sq meters is the production capacity of the manufacturing units of glass mirrors in the country. The mirrors are used in a good number in showrooms, railways, furniture manufacturers, the automobile industry, theatres, etc.
The gap that prevails between the demand and supply is 10% in India. Being an essential item of every household, it has good market capture. Since it is fragile, it shows good replacement too. Therefore the demand arises far and again. The glass mirrors are in huge demand in the international market as well, therefore you can export them too.
Having a good scope in railways and defense, the glass mirror industry is always a profitable manufacturing business in India. Therefore this business has a good scope in the nationwide and international markets as well.
The glass mirror industry is a large-scale business. If you wish to choose a small business, then you can start it in an area of about 4000 square feet. In India, a large-scale manufacturing business set-up ranges from 5000 to 8,000 square feet. Make sure to arrange sufficient electricity and water supply. Take a look at the nearby raw material supply as well. It is always better to plan things before installing the machinery in the plant. If you have rented land then the monthly rent is estimated to be around Rs.20,000 and Rs.30,000.
- cutting machine
- edging and polishing machine
- Mirror Glass washing and drying machine
- Aluminium coating machine
- Mirror Glass Manufacturing automatic machine
The project report of mirror glass is well researched and provides you with detailed and accurate content that can be helpful to you in deciding how to start a mirror glass manufacturing profitable startup in India.
Frequently asked questions on Mirror glass project report
What are the Growth Restraints in the mirror glass market?
The growth restraints in the mirror glass market are the fragile products that get manufactured and are destroyed by shipping cause huge losses to the businessmen. As they have incurred the expense but cannot earn because of broken products in transit. This is the shortcoming in this business.
Who are the prominent participants in the Mirror Glass market?
1)Virginia Glass 2) AIS Glass 3) Saint-Gobain 4) Taiwan Glass 5) GGI 6) Guardian
What is the best way to package Mirror Glass?
The best way to package mirror products are the plastic bubble wraps that can cover the mirror glass and prevent it from breaking in transit. Along with this, they can be packed in thermocol after bubble wrap and then put into the carton.
What are the Expected Monthly Profits in mirror glass business?
Once you subtract the sales and management cost, you can get to know about your profits. The businessmen on large scale can make a profit of around 5 lakh per month and for small scale investment business in mirror glass making, the profit lies around 1 to 2 lakhs.
How do you go about selling your mirror glass?
You can collect orders from hotels, hospitals, malls, restaurants and interior designers about the demand for mirrors at their end and can supply them. You can send the ready mirror products to other parts of country by online trading and can even export it.
Will your experts customize the report for us?
Yes, but for that the prescribed fee has to be paid