You can get the project report here for setting up a Talcum Powder manufacturing plant in India. Do you want to establish your own Talcum Powder manufacturing business? If that’s the case, you’ll discover a full project report that covers the manufacturing process, licenses, machines, business plan and more.
One of the most common beauty products you would find in everybody’s bag is talcum powder, be it a newborn baby, teenager, woman, men or elder. Talcum powder is one such product that is a solution to multiple day-to-day problems. It is not only limited to adding the instant glow to our face but also considered a super easy drying formula to oily skin and oily surfaces. There are a number of variants available in the market to make it a must-buy product such as the cooling sensation in summers, the solution to sensitivity and skin problems, good body odor, makeup setting element, and most importantly an infant’s skincare product.
Well before heading towards the business model knowing the history is very important as it gives you the analysis of the trends market of a particular product.
Why buy a project report of Talcum Powder?
Table of Contents
A project report of Talcum Powder manufacturing plant is necessary for the following reasons.
- Helps the investor to make an investment decision in the Talcum Powder manufacturing business.
- Makes the entrepreneur aware of the various aspects of the Talcum Powder business.
- Helps in understanding the Talcum Powder manufacturing process.
- Serves as a sample report to prepare project reports for other purposes.
Market Research & Business Plan
Understanding market information is essential for preparing a business plan and project report. The market potential of any product solely depends on its demand. Initially, it was not considered a much effective element and so it was hard to ensure its potential. But the recent study has recorded an amazing rise in the talcum powder market, as it is projected to grow at an estimated USD 2.68 Billion in 2018 to 3.35 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2018 – 2013, the reason being its global demand.
The demand for talcum powder
- Skincare & beauty: The main use of talcum powder is to keep the skin free from oil, sweat-free for a certain time, relieve skin sensitivity, and keep the body smelling fresh maintaining our body odor.
- Rubber factories: Talcum powder are used as an anti-stick agent in the manufacturing of Rubber bands to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Leather factories: Talcum powder is used in the leather industry to absorb the moisture on it and prevent any fungal growth.
- Paint factories: Talcum powder is used in the Paints industry as a filler.
- Automobile: Since the whole new era is shifting rapidly towards portability and durability, the use of plastic has increased a lot in the manufacturing of cars, bikes, and other such vehicles and machinery. Talc-reinforced polypropylene is the major variant used there.
- Infrastructure: As the world population is increasing so is the need for shelter. Housing, buildings, offices, stores malls, etc, all the infrastructure are heading towards modern transformation with paints, interior, etc. Paints, putty, plastic installation are some prominent things used for infrastructure development, that have talcum powder in it.
With such extreme demand for talcum powder in the market which does not have other alternate solutions, it’s quite obvious for the talcum powder industry to reach a height of 3.35 billion and a much bigger boom in the coming future. However, rapid industrialization in emerging economies such as Thailand, Malaysia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, South Africa, China, and India can be the potential talcum powder-consuming countries.
1894, was the year when Johnson & Johnson came up with the formula called talcum powder. Since, USA has always been the best in all research’s, products, and services so far, their companies have also gained a lot of trusts all over the world. Johnson & Johnson is one the company originated from the USA has the privilege to get acceptance of Talcum Powder as the best product for baby’s hygiene and skin.
Later, many other brands came up with their Talcum Powder specified to various uses and benefits. The major section that raced the market was the beauty industry, which introduces the newer version of Talcum powder as the compact powder that was no more a skincare but a cosmetic product.
The ingredients that all the talcum powder included back then and now have no major changes, they are: Talc, the clay mineral, chemically known as Hydrated Magnesium Silicate, a filler which is generally Activated Calcium Carbonate or Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, and Di-propylene Glycol.
However, there are numerous uses of talcum powder be it domestic or industrial. Domestic uses comprise of keeping metals safe from oxidation are coated with talcum powder, skincare, and surface smoothening agent. In industries, talcum powder is used as a thickening agent, lubricants, filler in paints ceramic, and roofing material. Leather, rubber, paper, pharmaceuticals, textile, iron, nickel, and ceramic tiles industries are some common ones where Talcum powder is used on large scale with different compositions and in different forms.
Also Read: Nail Polish Manufacturing Business Plan
Elements included in the project report of talcum powder
The following details have been included in the Project Report of Talcum Powder Manufacturing Key, which can be studied by downloading the information in PDF format.
|Raw Material Requirement
|List of Raw Materials With Ratios
|Indian Standards For The Product
|Plant & Machinery Details With Images
|License & Approvals
|Cost of Project
|Means of Finance
|Projected Balance Sheet
|Projected Profitability Statement
|Cash Flow Statement
|Calculation of D.S.C.R
|Computation of Production
|Staff Salary Charges
|Computation of Working Capital Requirement
|Repayment Schedule of Bank Loan
|Break Even Point Analysis
Talcum Powder Manufacturing Process
You can understand the process of talcum powder manufacturing better with the help of the project report. Following are the significant steps in the manufacturing process.
- Grinding: You do not get the mineral talc in powder form rather in rocks. The rocks of talc mineral are ground to powder with the help of a Europeans-style Plate grinding mill, Ultrafine mill, Ultrafine vertical roller mill, or a ball milling machine.
- Mixing: The powder talc Is mixed with other ingredients such are the fragrance and another beneficial valued element. To add the fragrance the essence is first mixed with Calcium or Magnesium carbonate and made to sit for hours to absorb the fragrance completely and the powder further is added to the talc. It is not added to the talc directly as it may now diffuse properly affecting the consistency of the talc. The mixing process is carried out with the help of Powder Mixers, V-blender, Double Cone Blender, Ribbon Blender, etc.
- Filling: The grinding and mixing process are two major steps to complete the manufacturing. Once over the powder is transferred to the filling machine through the vacuum tube.
- Packaging: The ready talcum powder is then stored in a covered hopper and dispensed into the various packages. This is carried out with the help of rapid, carousal filler, which pushed and dumps a certain amount of talcum powder into the package. It is made sure the package is sealed properly to keep the product safe and maintain its longevity.
Since you want to sell a product all your marketing tactics should focus or align with the promotion of your product prominently. Today there are majorly multiple mediums of marketing any product, be it online or offline, and a successful business never ignores any medium. Some of the successful methods are:
- Reach out to the distributors or shops to spread your product.
- Have a catchy yet relatable brand name.
- Have attractive packaging to pull the audience’s attention.
- Media ads are also an option but will cost you a lot.
- Digital marketing is becoming the life of every business these days.
- You can go for social media marketing.
- Paid Ad.
- Design Campaigns to get customers’ attention.
- Create combo, offers, discounts.
- Collaborations with influencers.
People often have a misconception of sales and marketing to be the same. No, it’s not true. Sales are selling your product by directly showcasing your product whereas marketing is a way to promote or showcase the product for sale.
After you have safely packed the talcum powder and it is ready to be delivered to the customers you need it as a medium for sale as you can take care of everything at once. The options for this are:
- You can set up your physical store.
- We can sell it to the retailer or the whole seller to sell it off in the market.
- You take your business to next level like existing brands, you can set up your online store have a beautiful website of your brand.
- Register yourself to amazon, flip kart and other such platforms.
- You can also sell products directly through your website by creating it like an e-commerce website and collaborating with courier partners to ship the products to your customers globally.
- For a better recommendation and get of the sales and marketing headache, you can reach out to a consultant or marketing agency or hire any freelancer who could guide you as well as do the needful for your talcum powders delivery to your customers.
Also Read: Bath Soap Manufacturing Business Plan
Well, every business plan for various products and services differs but the approach and target remain the same, I.e to reach the potential customers and the target of getting recognized and maximum sale.
Having a business plan for any business has two major benefits. It helps you keep yourself on track and well orienting and the other it gives you a face to showcase your business to your investors and customers. However, it might vary as per your circumstances but some basic rule you must follow whole going ahead with a talcum powder company is:
- Get yourself a book and start listing what you have. Prepare a list of people on your side to work with you, if not how many people do you need for the same. The resources like land, contacts, etc required to set up your manufacturing plant.
- Try reaching out to people and convince them of your idea.
- If you have enough money that is good, if now reach out to the sources to raise funds.
- Set up the talcum powder manufacturing unit.
- You will need a packaging unit as well.
- The last and most important thing to be added to your plan is the marketing of your brand and product both in offline and online mode.
- Once your plan is ready you are all set to move ahead with the manufacturing unit. But make sure you have got the license before you start.
It is necessary to obtain various licenses for manufacturing talcum powder; for this, you must have the essential documents like project report, PAN card, Aadhar card.
- Company registration with ROC
- Online Udyam Registration
- Trademark registration
- Trade License from Municipal Authority
- GST Registration
- NOC from Pollution Control Board.
Also Read: Perfume Manufacturing Business Plan
To manufacture talcum powder you will require mineral Talc, packaging containers, fragrance, and respective molecules of medicine, herbs, or ingredients that have beneficial properties for the customers.
The number of laborers depends upon the scale of your business.
Also Read: Detergent Cake Manufacturing Business Plan
So, if you are someone who is very fascinated with the idea of entering the cosmetic, or beauty industry as a good brand then talcum powder is one such product you can solely focus on and beat the other brand. Since the demand for talcum powder is not limited you have enough customers to get a huge return of investment all you need to make sure is to have a great strategy, manufacture a quality product, and have a ratio of 40:60, 60 being the portion of marketing effort and 40 for the manufacturing, development, packaging, etc. Before investing in the business of manufacturing talcum powder, download and study our project report in pdf format, it will definitely be beneficial.
Is a talcum powder company sustainable in India?
Yes, the talcum powder industry is a highly sustainable business model in India. Since Indian has been a developing country and has been intro start-ups it has rapidly called for the high demand in infrastructure, renovations, automobile development, and most importantly new innovative product manufacturing which keeps the demand for talcum powder constant and even more. Moreover, the makeup industry is always open for talcum powder in different versions be it any country.
How to choose the best brand name for talcum powder?
Choosing a brand name for your talcum powder can be challenging but sorting it down to its uses and benefit you can come up with a fresh brand name. Narrow down your major target audience, follow the market trend, your goal to manufacture talcum powder and its benefits to the customers can be a major mind map while choosing your brand name.
How is Talcum powder different from Compact powder?
The ingredient of talcum powder are: Talc, i.e., Hydrated Magnesium Silicate, activated Calcium Carbonate or Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, and Dipropylene Glycol. The ingredient of compact powder is Talc, Dimethicone, Vitamin E, Preservatives, Perfume, Anti-caking agents, and fillers. However, both have the same results, it only varies upon the usages.
How to promote talcum powder on social media?
You can promote your talcum powder on social media in different ways. First of all, you need to understand your target audience, I.e., the people who use or will be using this product, the location you can deliver the product, and your content should be educating, engaging, and exciting making sure it is aligns with your product. You can also go for paid ads and collaborations.
What is the cost of setting up a talcum powder company?
The cost of setting up a talcum powder company is variable as it depends on the resources you have and what else you need. Land, fund, infrastructure, labor, raw material, packaging, marketing, taxes, and licenses are the major expenses you need to make for a talcum powder company. A small-scale talcum company may cost you up to approximately 5 lacs and land to set up the manufacturing unit, which has a variable cost depending on the location and other parameters. However, it is just an assumption that may vary.