You can get the Project Report for setting up a Plant for Manufacturing of Petroleum Jelly here. Petroleum jelly is also known as petrolatum. It is a combination of mineral oil and waxes which forms a semisolid structure commonly known as jelly. Petroleum is an ingredient that helps in healing your skin with a water protective barrier and retaining moisture. Some terms used for petroleum jelly are white petrolatum, soft paraffin, or multi-hydrocarbon.
Petroleum jelly consists of groups of hydrocarbons(with carbon numbers mainly higher than 25). It is insoluble in water and since it is semisolid it can be forced to take shape of any container.
Petroleum jelly has great demand in different fields of businesses for example in medical treatment, skin and hair care, preventing moisture loss, skin lubricants, etc so, we have tried to pen down all the details related to petroleum jelly business in this project report.
Vaseline is well-known petroleum jelly. It is the original American brand and Unilever is the company that makes Vaseline.
The history of Vaseline is very strong and interesting, so before leading towards the business of petroleum jelly, let’s take a glimpse of it.
Why buy a project report of petroleum jelly?
Table of Contents
A project report of petroleum jelly manufacturing plant is necessary for the following reasons.
- Helps the investor to make an investment decision in the petroleum jelly manufacturing business.
- Makes the entrepreneur aware of the various aspects of the petroleum jelly business in India.
- Helps in understanding the petroleum jelly manufacturing process.
- Serves as a sample report to prepare project reports for other purposes.
Since petroleum jelly is a chemical substance and it contains a mixture of different materials. It is a composition of water, glycerin, stearic acid, glycol, cetyl alcohol, triethanolamine, propylparaben, disodium EDTA, chloride, and Hydroxyethyl Urea. It is soluble in benzene, chloroform, and dichloromethane.
Depending on the specific application of jelly, it may contain USB, B.P, etc.
Petroleum jelly is not only used for skincare are most people think about it, it has numerous applications in different fields. Although it was first discovered and used for healing wounds or cuts, however nowadays its application is being seen in vast amounts. Let’s take a deep look over its uses.
1. Relieve dry skin:
Dry skin can make you feel itchy, stretchy, crack, and even bleed sometimes. Since ointments are more helpful than lotions, consider applying petroleum jelly to dry parts of the skin. Petroleum jelly can be even applied to sensitive parts of the body such as eyelids, lips, etc.
2. Medical treatments:-
Petroleum jelly consist of phenol as one of its ingredients which add up antibacterial property to jelly. Now this jelly can also be considered in the medical field for killing the bacteria on wounds before starting the treatment. In a world war, this jelly was very helpful for the fighters to heal their cuts them prevent them from being antibacterial.
3. Preventing moisture loss:
By sustaining the moisture to the skin, preventing chapped lips, cracked heels, softening nails cuticles, etc. jelly can be also used to keep the swimmers warm even at low temperatures. It can prevent chilling of the body parts such as palm, face, foot due to evaporation of skin moisture during winters. This amazing property of petroleum jelly increases its application.
Corrosion is a big challenge every industrialist used to face. Petroleum jelly serves as an excellent water repellent. It can be to coat corrosion plates, metallic and stainless steel blades, guns barrels, etc. It was first recommended as a preservative for the light alloy to prevent then against corrosion from roads salts and dust.
Petroleum jelly is also expert in its lustrous property. This property of jelly can be used to make anything shiny and bright. Petroleum jelly is used by carpenters to serve an amazing finish and coating in addition to shine. Petroleum jelly can also be used in products like bicycle saddles, boots, motorcycle clothing, and also to add u shining to leather shoes.
Machines are adding efficiency in human’s ongoing activity so to keep it safe and in working position lubricants are being used to great extent. Petrolatum is used as light lubricating grease as well as an anti-resist assembling grease. It triggers up the motion against friction which enables the machines to work smoothly and fastly. It is mostly used for tailgates, bearings, wheels, brakes, pistons, etc.
The research report provides an analysis of various factors driving the market at the peak and knowing market potential gives an insight into the growth of the market. The market potential depends on the quality of the product and its regular demand in the market.
According to a research report, the petroleum jelly market revenue increased to Million USD in 2020 and is expected to reach Million USD in 2026, by registering CAGR is estimated to produce more revenue for 2026.
The global market of jelly had yielded revenue of USD 1.3 billion in the year 2019. The expected CGAR rate of growth of the jelly industry is about 3.1%.
The demand for petroleum is increasing day by day as it has various applications in its respective industries:-
- Medical sector:- As mentioned above the petroleum jelly consists of phenol which helps to eliminate the bacteria. Due to this good property jelly is used by the doctors to keep the wounds or cuts safe and hygienic.
- Machinery fields:- Petroleum jelly has lubricant property which can make any paused or seized machine work by rolling and sliding feature by moving against friction. From small to large industries uses petroleum jelly as a lubricant for their machines to keep working continuously. Without lubricants, the machines can stop working for a certain period which can lead to decreasing rate of productivity.
- Grooming sector:- In addition to providing healing property it also provides shiny-ness to our skin. The application of petroleum jelly related to skincare is very vast. It provides healing to cracked, chaff, and rough parts of the body as well as preserve vesture and does not let it evaporate from your skin which leads to soft and shiny skin. As well petrolatum is used to apply on small cuts to prevent it from dryness and outer bacterial.
- Furniture producing sectors:- The main objective of the consumer these days is that whatever they buy must look good. Similarly while buying wood furniture they go on looks and as you must have seen that every wooden based of equipment have a shiny surface which is created by applying petroleum coating on it. it gives a lustrous appearance.
To start any business or transform your dull business into an explosive and well profitable business, one should surely look for a strategic business plan. It gives you an insight into approach, target, orientation, infrastructure to successfully establish in the market. Analysis and reports are key approaches to getting aware of business flow and objectives as well as beneficial for future business prediction.
Following are the main 5 elements of a business plan:-
- Description of your business:- Description of business should include the main goal, perspective, requirements, approaches, investments, etc. to it. Do not need to add up too much information to it and make it complex. Just keep it simple which should be able to deliver all basic information about your business.
- Your Competition:- As to gain success in any specific field you should target your competitor in the market. It also helps in analyzing your business growth. You need to set your game plan with all the available resources.
- Your marketing:- Unless you have experience in the marketing field this can seem a bit tougher for you. The first thing you should do for your business market is to establish a positioning statement. The positioning statement is the organizational statement that analysis the profit and loss of your product and services. Once you have done this, your business market will catch up with the flow in marketing.
- Your people:- Customer engagement is the most prominent step while establishing your business. You should make a team of well-experienced, trustworthy, professionals who leads your business to a higher position in the market. You should focus on your skills and experiences while making a team. From investors’ perspective, they want to work with the company which has the best and most skilled team.
- Your financial data:- your business plan must include a balance sheet and all details about current profit and loss. Your finances should include your income sources and costs which use to spend on the ailment, wages, and other costs). And if you are looking to start up a business then you must have your startup cost including the expenditure of every resource.
For the manufacturing of petroleum jelly, laborers are the priority to start it. Skilled and experienced laborers increase the flow of manufacturing.
There are two main raw materials required in the manufacturing of petroleum except for its above-mentioned chemical substances.
- Crude Oil
- Natural Gas Condensate
Different kinds of machines are required with flexibility and efficiency to manufacture the petroleum with higher speed and it results in increased and fast growth in productivity.
Statements included in the project report
The Project Report for Manufacturing of petroleum jelly contains the following words, and you can download and study the information in PDF format by paying a nominal fee.
|3||Basis & Presumptions|
|6||Product And Its Application|
|8||Good Manufacturing Practices (Gmp)|
|9||Project At A Glance|
|10||Projected Balance Sheet|
|11||Projected Profitability Statement|
|12||Cash Flow Statement|
|13||Computation of Manufacturing|
|14||Computation of Working Capital Requirement|
|15||Break Up of Labour|
|16||Break Up of Salary|
|18||Repayment Schedule of Bank Loan|
|19||Calculation of D.S.C.R|
|20||Computation of Sale|
|21||Computation of Electricity|
|22||Break Even Point Analysis|
To carry out all the manufacturing processes physically, location/site is mandatory. To establish large machinery, store raw materials, and ultimately the final product, proper lactation is required.
Also Read: Perfume Manufacturing Business Plan
The petroleum industry presents its face to market through its marketing technique. The marketing techniques have numerous fundamentals. Here is a petroleum product marketing overview.
- Developing and implementing strategies and techniques to enhance return on assets in a dynamic retailing environment.
- Stay in touch with the customer to determine their requirements according to their preferences.
- Constant monitoring of the performance of the product in the business market.
- Forecasting future sales quantities so that product and distribution segments in business can adjust their operation.
- Managing the daily operation of retailers, investors, and resellers.
Also Read: Nail Polish Manufacturing Business Plan
India and Iran are the most famous countries across the world in the manufacturing and exporting of petroleum. And if you are also looking for some business startup with a long duration of business profit and spread your business across different countries then petroleum jelly will be one of them. The analysis and reports through certain resources is predicting that the rate of revenue will be speed up by 2026. And it is a great chance to beat up other brands in the market to drive your business to the top.
Before investing in manufacturing petroleum jelly, you must pay the fee and study the project report by downloading it in pdf format indeed, and it will be beneficial for you.
How to startup a petroleum jelly business?
Well, firstly you need to do strong and deep research about it. After that make a report based on your research and monitor the cost, requirements, rate of productivity, risks, manufacturing unit, etc. to implement your business. Make a proper team of skilled and experienced people. Understand the concept of marketing make a proper business plan and execute it confidently.
What are the benefits of establishing a petroleum jelly business?
There are several advantages of this business because petroleum jelly is always been in a demanding phase since it has started and even now its manufacturing is keep spreading. Petroleum jelly has so many applications in various fields so you get a better opportunity to spread your business contact in different fields(medical, beauty, iron factory, etc.) and can earn heavy profit by establishing it once.
Is Vaseline is same as petroleum jelly?
Many people get confused between Vaseline and petroleum jelly. Vaseline is the original brand for petroleum jelly made by Unilever company. And petroleum jelly is the original chemical substance made by different refining processes and goes through lots of purification processes.
What are the requirements in the manufacturing of petroleum jelly?
Since petroleum jelly was first discovered in the form of black substance and after going through various refineries and machinery the Vaseline kind of jelly is manufactured. Although it is a bit longer process it mainly requires Skilled Labors, Raw materials, proper location, machinery, and machinery.
What is the future of petroleum jelly business?
Since the demand of petroleum jelly has increased rapidly in some years in different fields of businesses for example in medical treatment, skin and hair care, preventing moisture loss, skin lubricants, etc. there is no wrong in stating petroleum jelly business a sustainable business module for future.