You can immediate download the Raisin (Kishmish) Manufacturing Process sample project report format template, in MS excel or word / pdf format.
These reports will help you prepare a project report as per your objectives. This report will also be helpful in studying the project and gathering information about the project.
The Raisin Manufacturing Unit project must be constructed in an area where grape production is abundant. Raisins are a widely accepted commodity with a large market if grown in a controlled setting. If produced to international standards of quality, the export market is much more profitable. Initially, the initiative should concentrate on establishing credibility in the domestic market, and then, once it has reached maturity, it should turn its attention to the export market. The project’s key feature would be hygienically made raisins (dehydrated grapes up to 80-85 %). Quality processing, such as washing, drying, sorting, and uniform packing, will be used to increase value.
Raisin is made from sound dried grapes that adhere to the Vitis vinifera L. features, which are processed into a commercial raisin form with or without acceptable optional components, with or without coating. In such a situation, the most benefits from grape cultivation can be derived by establishing processing industries to produce value-added products such as good quality wine, raisin, and juice, which have the market potential for domestic and international markets.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Download Project Report
- 2 Product & Its Application
- 3 Promoter In Business
- 4 Industry Perspectives And Trends
- 5 Market Potential
- 6 Characteristics Of An Excellent Raisin
- 7 Grape Varieties
- 8 Area Required
- 9 Funds Required
- 10 Raw Material Requirements
- 11 Machinery
- 12 Manufacturing Process
- 13 Storage And Packing
- 14 Registration And Licence
- 15 Key Points Cover in Sample Project Report
- 16 FAQ’s
How to Download Project Report
Gone are the days waiting at the door of the expert , as a result, get you Raisin (Kishmish) Manufacturing Business sample report in hand, now you can instantly download report in excel or word format.
First Step – Click add to basket >> Check Out >> Payment
Second Step – Immediately after successful payment, you will get a link to download the report. You can download the report immediately from this link.
Product & Its Application
Raisins are a sweet, savory, and delightful snack that can be eaten by hand or blended with other foods and fruits. They can also be used to flavour practically any beloved recipe. It is used in various traditional foods like pulao and halwa and modern forms such as pulp, juices, pasta, cereals, and snacks. Raisins provide important nutrients, soluble and insoluble fiber, and health-protective bioactive substances when consumed regularly. Kishmish are beneficial to one’s health.
Raisins help prevent various ailments, including constipation, heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, and obesity. Kishmish offer a burst of colour to bread, muffins, cookies, cakes, pies, tarts, and puddings, among other baked goods. The commercial value of raisins is increased because bakery items are one of the primary highlights of the food sector. Raisins can also be found in a wide range of meals. Kishmish are commonly substituted for sugar in numerous recipes.
Raisins can have up to 72 percent sugar by weight, with fructose and glucose accounting for most of it. They also include about 3% protein and 3.7–6.8% dietary fibre. Like prunes and apricots, Raisins are high in antioxidants, but they don’t have as much vitamin C as fresh grapes. Raisins are low in salt and cholesterol-free. Raisins are a good source of energy due to their high fructose and glucose content. They also aid in weight gain without causing cholesterol to build up. Vitamins, amino acids, and minerals including selenium, phosphorus, iron, and magnesium aid in the body’s absorption of other nutrients and proteins.
Promoter In Business
Running this project successfully does not necessitate any special qualifications. The most common dried fruit is raisins, which account for almost two-thirds of overall dried fruit consumption. Overall, it is a wonderful initiative to invest in for entrepreneurs. The following are a few of India’s major players:
- Kothari Products Ltd.
- S T C L Ltd.
- Shree Surgovind Trade Link Ltd.
- Solar Magic Pvt. Ltd.
- Unique Organics Ltd.
- Kisan Cold Storage & Refrigeration Service Ltd.
Industry Perspectives And Trends
The Raisin Industry Diversion Program, in which growers voluntarily participate in programmes targeted at lowering supply, can be implemented by the RAC in years of overabundance. Participants in the programme are reimbursed for cutting vines or pruning spurs to restrict fruit output (these provisions are presently halted, being evaluated, and will be altered according to a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision) (Raisin Administrative Committee, 2015) (USDA – AMS, 2015).
Green grapes have a sugar content of around 24%. However, by removing the water from grapes, the quantity of sugar in raisins rises to almost 60% by weight. A pound of raisins is made from 4 to 4.5 pounds of green grapes (Martin & Mason, 2009). Fresh raisins can be used as a natural sweetener and taste enhancer in baked foods.
Processing raisins is another approach to add value to them. Kishmish paste can be replaced for other, more expensive fruit pastes in fruit bars, such as date paste (Fuentes, year 2014). Raisin paste can offer fibre to baked foods while also adding visual appeal due to its rich, dark colour. Kishmish juice concentrate can be used as a natural colourant, a flavouring agent in sauces and marinades, and as a syrup for yoghurts, ice cream, and chocolate milk. Raisins also contain antibacterial qualities, extending the shelf life of the items in which they are utilized (California Raisin Marketing Board – Products, 2015).
Grapes’ availability is critical to the project’s success. As a result, it is proposed that the project begins between July and September, taking into account the seasonal production of grapes. On the other hand, this facility can enhance value by leveraging the year-round production of different grape varietals. Individuals, dry fruit wholesalers and merchants, confectioners, and the pharmaceutical industry would be the primary buyers for processed raisins. After an operation and market penetration period, the project might be expanded to target the export market with high-quality raisins and packaging.
Characteristics Of An Excellent Raisin
The following characteristics should be present in high-quality raisins:
- Produce with a good and consistent colour (perfectly green or grey-green), size (round), and smooth texture.
- A higher pulp content and a pleasant taste outside of the sugar coat.
- Skin and outer layers in good condition, free of injuries, dust, and foreign substances.
The most important grape types for raisin production.
Thompson Seedless raisin production accounts for 90% of global raisin production. Thompson Seedless is a white grape with a thin peel that yields the tastiest raisins on the market today. It has oblong and elongated tiny berries. It has a high sugar content and contains no seeds.
Other types utilized for raisin production include Muscat of Alexandria, Waltham Cross, and different white and coloured seeded kinds.
In India, Thompson Seedless and its mutants such Sonaka, Tas-A-Ganesh, and ManikChaman are mostly used for raisin production.
A 17-3, E 12/3, Mint Seedless, Superior Seedless, KR White, ManikChaman, A18-3 (Coloured seedless), and Cardinal were among the types evaluated by the National Research Center for Grapes in Pune for quality raisin production (for manukka).
This is how much space you’ll need to start a raisin business:
- Small scale: 100-200 sq ft.
- Large scale : 1000-1500 sq ft.
In three ways, a person in a business can manage their land and building like own land, rental and leased land and building. But firstly, select a good location and then go for construction. Remember that business people required space to set up a manufacturing site, storeroom, space for power utilities, and a small office.
Before handling funds, the entrepreneur must create an efficient business strategy for his company. Under the business strategy, there is a document in the form of a project report. With this information, the entrepreneur will be able to estimate the cost of beginning his Raisin Manufacturing Company and the expected earnings in the future. Subsidy loans, bank loans, and personal savings accessible through government programmes are the major sources for managing money. If the entrepreneur’s budget is limited, they may decide to open a small production unit.
Raw Material Requirements
Grapes are the major raw material used to make raisins. To produce quality raisins, these grapes must have certain characteristics, such as ripening early. They must also be clean, have a soft texture, not clump together when stored and have an appealing flavour. Food-grade packaging needs food-grade HDPE/cardboard boxes.
THE MACHINERY REQUIRED TO START RAISIN MANUFACTURING UNIT
Major machinery and equipment list:
- Fruit Washer & Dryer.
- Sorting and Grinding Machine.
- Packaging machine.
- Measuring instrument.
- Crates and other cargo handling devices.
- Sealing Machine.
- Other tools and equipment.
The typical process for making raisins entails the following phases:
- The first step in making good raisins is to grow good grapes. Pruning, irrigation, fertilizer, and pest control are all part of grape cultivation, which takes place all year.
- The grapes are then harvested. The grapes are left to dry on the trays for two to four weeks depending on the weather. The moisture content of the grape drops from 75% to under 15% during this time, and the colour of the fruit changes to a brownish-purple.
- The paper trays are folded up around the raisins to form a bundle when the fruit has dried. Before being delivered by truck to a processing factory, the rolls are gathered and kept in boxes or bins.
- When the fruit rolls arrive at the factory, they are poured onto wire screens and shook to remove dirt and other foreign objects.
- The dried grapes are transported to the processing plant from storage bins. They are mechanically modified after being emptied onto a conveyor line.
- They are mechanically modified after being emptied onto a conveyor line. The raisins are first run through a fine mesh screen while air is blasted on them to remove any remaining sand or dirt. Suction devices are used to remove immature fruit.
- Each raisin’s cap stems are removed by passing it through two rotating conical surfaces. Shaking is then used to separate the raisins from the bunch stem. If the raisins have seeds, they are mechanically removed.
- After all of these processing procedures are done, the raisins are sorted by size through a succession of mesh filters. The raisins can now be placed in several containers.
- They’re loaded into trucks and delivered to clients.
Each step in the raisin production process requires quality control. They are also subjected to a range of laboratory tests to verify that a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
Storage And Packing
Raisins are quite hygroscopic. When moisture is present, mould, rot, and fermentation can all develop, and once a fermentation process begins, it can quickly spread over the entire lot. Under the correct temperature and humidity conditions, maggots, mites, cockroaches, moths, beetles, rats, mice, and ants can all infest. At temperatures over 25°C and when subjected to mechanical pressure, candying, agglomeration, syrup production, and fermentation are dangerous. Heat can cause the product to discolour and harden. Therefore it should be kept away from hotness sources.
To withstand the mechanical, climatic, biotic, and chemical stresses to which raisins may be exposed during transport, storage, and cargo handling, the final packing of produce is done in 400 gauge LDPE film bags and stored in corrugated boxes of 5 to 15 kg capacity at low temperature (4°C) to preserve the original raisin colour and prevent pest attack.
Registration And Licence
To start his own Raisin Manufacturing Business, the entrepreneur may need to get the following licences and registrations.
- Getting your business registered with the Registrar of Companies.
- GST registration is required for billing invoices and other documents.
- In the bank, open a current account in the name of the company.
- Local authority trade licence
- FSSAI licence Enterprise registration.
- Trademark registration and protection for own brand.
- Trade license from local authority.
Key Points Cover in Sample Project Report
Project Report Table of Contents
|1||Purpose Of The Document|
|3||Product & Its Application|
|4||Desired Qualifications For Promoter|
|5||Industry Lookout And Trends|
|6||Market Potential And Marketing Issues|
|7||Raw Material Requirements|
|9||Project At A Glance|
|10||Plant & Machinery List|
|11||Projected Balance Sheet|
|12||Projected Profitability Statement|
|13||Cash Flow Statement|
|14||Computation Of Manufacturing|
|15||Computation Of Working Capital Requirement|
|16||Break Up Of Labour|
|17||Break Up Of Salary|
|18||Computation Of Depreciation|
|19||Repayment Schedule Of Term Loan|
|20||Calculation Of D.S.C.R|
|21||Computation Of Sale|
|22||Computation Of Electricity|
|23||Break Even Point Analysis|
Apart from this, all the information is being provided. To help in preparing project reports.
Who are the target consumers for the raisin business?
Target consumers are:
- Shops selling sweets
- Spaces for milkshake
- Restaurants and hotels
- Supermarkets and retail establishments
- Catering services in the baking sector
- Grocery shops online.
What are the Marketing strategies implemented for this business?
These are the strategies one can follow for marketing their business:
- Brand endorsements and television advertisements are examples of advertising.
- Sample promotions at bakeries and confectionery stores, as well as cash and bulk discounts.
- Registration in local directories, blogs, articles, and other methods can help you get a Google listing.
Also Buy :-
For whom are these formats useful?
- CA Chartered Accountants
- Tax Consultants
- Small Business Owners
- Who want to self study
In addition to those who want to prepare project reports themselves.
Sample Project Report Format
In our project report format, we cover technology details, its diagrams, flow chart etc. as and when required or deemed fit to include. Also, prepare in-depth financial calculations which is necessary for the Investor/bank.
You will get the report data Raisin (Kishmish) Manufacturing Business in PDF or MS word. Which you can use easily. You can also modify the information according to your need. You will be able to access the data easily according to the your requirement. Additionally you can easily convert the data to PDF format.