If you are searching for Dehydrated Garlic manufacturing plant information, you can find the detailed dehydrated garlic project report here.
The onion genus contains the species garlic (Allium sativum). Garlic is simple to produce a crop that may be grown all year in warm regions. Natural tastes are provided by dehydrated garlic, which is available in a concentrated form. Dehydrated garlic is dehydrated garlic, as the name implies. It’s diced into little pieces that blend well into any recipe and add garlic taste without the texture. The minced garlic is also heat resistant, so it may be placed on vegetables before roasting without burning. One clove of garlic is equal to 1/2 teaspoon of dehydrated garlic.
Garlic is used in almost every home, and its use in the food processing business has steady market demand. Bulbs can be preserved for up to 6 months after harvest, allowing for a longer marketing season. Chutneys, pickles, curried vegetables, curry powders, tomato ketchup, and other food products all include garlic. Garlic powder, garlic salt, garlic cheese croutons, garlic vinegar, garlic potato chips, garlic bread, and other second-generation things include raw garlic. Since the Vedic period, it has been widely utilised as a popular cure for various diseases and psychiatric disorders.
Some garlic produce (surplus) is subjected to processing, particularly dehydration, which entails drying under regulated temperature and humidity conditions. Dehydration is significant because of the concentrated form, low-cost convenience, and ease of transportability, and dehydrated garlic in the form of powder, etc., has become very popular among civilians and military forces and export. Garlic export produces excellent dehydrated products, and its use in dry form has a lot of potentials, especially in regions where garlic is scarce. Garlic is sourced from all around the state (Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Himachal Pradesh) and from China via Nepal.
Table of Contents
- 1 Dehydrated Garlic Market Opportunities & Business Plan
- 2 Why buy a project report of dehydrated garlic?
- 3 Health Benefits Dehydrated Garlic
- 4 Machinery Requirement for Dehydrated Garlic Process
- 5 Power Requirement for Dehydrated Garlic Process
- 6 Raw Material Requirements Dehydrated Garlic Process
- 7 Dehydrated Garlic Manufacturing Process
Dehydrated Garlic Market Opportunities & Business Plan
Before preparing the business plan report for the project, you need to understand the potential opportunities in the Indian market for Dehydrated Garlic.
Dehydrated garlic is used for a variety of cooking and medicinal applications and is a natural health cure used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments. It aids in the absorption of iron which is essential for maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.
India exported 18,000 tonnes of spices worth Rs 123.84 crore in the first quarter of this year, a staggering increase of 169 percent in volume and 107 percent in value, the highest growth among the spices exported from India, including the usual top performers like chilli, cumin, and spice oleoresins.
In 2018, the global dehydrated garlic market was worth USD 2.3 billion. From 2019 to 2025, this market is predicted to grow at a revenue-based CAGR of 3.4 percent. The market’s growth may be attributed to the product’s increasing penetration as a key component in the creation of all regional cuisines.
China leads the world in tonnage production, accounting for 77.07 percent, followed by India (5.29 percent), South Korea (2.08 percent), and Russia (3.98 percent). India is the world’s second-largest garlic grower.
After the onion, garlic is the second most important bulb crop. Garlic bulbs are typically white and large, measuring between 4.5 and 5 centimetres in diameter and the aroma of Indian garlic is well-known for its sweetness.
With dehydrated garlic, you can also do the business of processing Dehydrated Vegetables and Dehydrated Onion; you can get information about both these projects by reading our article.
Why buy a project report of dehydrated garlic?
A project report of dehydrated garlic manufacturing plant is necessary for the following reasons.
- Helps the investor to make an investment decision in the dehydrated garlic manufacturing business.
- Makes the entrepreneur aware of the various aspects of the dehydrated garlic business.
- Helps in understanding the dehydrated garlic making process.
- Serves as a sample report to prepare project reports for other purposes.
Health Benefits Dehydrated Garlic
- Garlic is one of the most widely used and studied medicinal plants extensively for its effects on the cardiovascular system, infections, respiratory system, blood sugar, and more.
- Treating respiratory infections and its antibacterial characteristics can be used to treat throat infections and amygdalitis.
- Jock itch and fungal skin diseases are treated with garlic juice and used as a topical therapy for fungus because it inhibits their growth.
- They are reducing blood pressure. Garlic’s aromatic chemicals function in the body the same way that many aromatics do: they dilate blood vessels while also opening and calming circulation.
- Cholesterol equilibrium, garlic can help the liver work better, essential for maintaining healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Arteriosclerosis is being slowed down. Garlic has been shown to slow – and even reverse – the progression of arteriosclerosis.
Machinery Requirement for Dehydrated Garlic Process
The following are the basic machine requirements:
- Vibrating Pre-Cleaner
- Garlic Clove Separating Machine
- Vibrating Screen Separator
- Oscillator Separator
- Garlic Peeling Machine or Garlic Huller
- Specific Gravity Separator
- Hot Air Dryer
- Cold Air Dryer
- Bin Dyer
- Refrigeration Plant
- Colour Sorter
- Metal Detector
- Weighing Machine
- Sealing Machine
- Other Ancillary machines like the pump, feed water plant for boiler, etc.
- Bucket Elevator
- Open Soaking Tank
- Washing Tank
- Storage Tank
- Other Ancillary equipment like electrical panels, trays, racks, trolleys, etc.
Power Requirement for Dehydrated Garlic Process
300-350 KW three-phase electricity connections are required to operate machinery and equipment for a considerable project level. For small-scale industries, this load may reduce to 70-80 KW only.
Raw Material Requirements Dehydrated Garlic Process
The following are the basic raw material requirements:
- Garlic, fresh
- Packing Supplies.
Dehydrated Garlic Manufacturing Process
- The garlic cloves are first sent through a vibrating pre-cleaner to remove any loose skin and dirt, after which they are fed through a garlic clove separator.
- The separated garlic cloves are then transported through an escalator to a soaking tank, where they are soaked in water for an appropriate amount of time before being transported into the processing plant via a bucket elevator.
- The garlic cloves are poured onto a conveyor, which transports them to a washing tank. They are completely washed to remove any foreign agents before being sent to another bucket elevator for further processing.
- The Elevator then puts these garlic cloves onto a conveyor that transports them to another conveyor system, limiting the feed to the next step and allowing the excess water to drain away in the previous conveyor segment.
- This conveyor transports garlic cloves to a Vibrating Screen Separator, which eliminates the majority of contaminants and loosens the garlic’s skin. The garlic cloves are subsequently conveyed to an oscillator separator, removing the garlic stalk and other impurities.
- Another conveyor receives the cleaned garlic cloves from the separator and delivers them to the garlic peeling machine, which removes the garlic cloves’ outer skin. Another bucket elevator transports the peeled garlic to a gravity separator, which separates the garlic-based on their weight. Large cloves of garlic are transported to a drying conveyor, while small and medium garlic are transported to a slicing machine via another conveyor connected to the separator’s opposite exit.
- The slicing machine slices the cloves of garlic according to the size requirement of minced garlic using the equipped cutter. After that, both the peeled garlic cloves and the minced garlic are dried in a hot air dryer.
- Separate conveyors receive and transport peeled and minced garlic cloves from the Gravity Separator and Slicing Machine, respectively, before feeding one type of product at a time to the hot air dryer’s conveyor and carries the garlic cloves through the hot air dryer for drying purposes. The hot air drier works by circulating steam via blower and heating coil, which is generated by a boiler, to produce a hot air current used for drying.
- These partially dried garlic products are then supplied individually to a dehydrator through a pair of bucket elevators. The dehydrator eliminates water from the garlic cloves until the desired moisture levels are achieved. Steam generated by the boiler also provides the heating effect of the dehydrator.
- Next, the dehydrated garlic products are sorted by colour to remove any discoloured or partially burned garlic cloves and then pass through a cold dryer. A refrigeration plant generates the refrigeration effect, similar to a hot air dryer, where cooling coils are circulated with coolant. A blower generates cold air current, providing actual cooling and thus drying of garlic product.
- Dehydrated garlic products are then run through two metal detectors, one for dry garlic cloves and the other for minced dehydrated garlic, to see any metal chips or burs in between the garlic cloves. Then visual examined on separate conveyor belts, filled in food-grade plastic bags, weighed to confirm the required weight content, sealed using a sealing machine at the end of both conveyor lines, and shipped for sale.
Land & Building
The entrepreneur requires approximately 7000-8000 square feet of area for a large scale setup, and a small scale industry of 2000-2500 square feet of space is needed. An entrepreneur can set up a unit in any non-agricultural terrain, as long as straightforward access to roads, electricity, water, and labour. If the business owner wants, he can rent a finished building. Still, he must first acquire a rent or lease agreement before renting the land or building because it will be a document in which, among other things, the terms and circumstances about rent hikes will be set down. Aside from that, this paper can be used as address evidence.
Also Read: Article on Top 10 Cow Dung Business Ideas.
An entrepreneur starting dehydrating manufacturing company may need to acquire personnel with various qualifications to execute multiple roles in the unit. For small scale industries, approximately 10-12 person required.
Five skilled persons to operate machines
- 3-4 Unskilled persons or labour
- 1 Supervisor
- To effectively maintain office records and papers, skilled and qualified employees must take over the office.
Key Points Cover in Dehydrated Garlic Project Report
The project report for dehydrated garlic processing covers the following topics. Can download project report in pdf format instantly by paying the nominal cost and study various aspects of dehydrated garlic business.
|1||Purpose of The Document|
|2||Project At A Glance|
|4||Uses & Market Potential|
|10||Land And Building|
|12||Power And Fuel|
|13||Bank Term Loan And Working Capital|
|14||Approvals & Registration Requirement|
|17||Cash Flow Statement|
|18||Projected Balance Sheet|
|19||Projected Profitability Statement|
|20||Computation of Making of Dehydrated Garlic|
|21||Computation of Working Capital Requirement|
|22||Break Up of Labour|
|23||Break Up of Salary|
|24||Computation of Depreciation|
|25||Repayment Schedule of Term Loan|
|26||Calculation of D.S.C.R|
|27||Computation of Sale|
|28||Computation of Electricity|
|29||Break Even Point Analysis|
|30||Financial Indicators / Ratio Analysis|
|31||List of Plant & Machinery|
What Is The Market Forecast For Dehydrated Garlic?
Dehydrated garlic is the dry version of garlic. Dehydrated garlic is prepared from fresh garlic that has been dried through many processes. Garlic powder, granules, flakes, agglomerated, and other types of dehydrated garlic are available. Dehydrated garlic has a longer shelf life than fresh garlic, making it easier to handle and store. Dehydrated garlic may be used to make a variety of food items such as sauces, gravies, meat products, and more. The market for dehydrated garlic is projected to grow due to its multiple applications in the food industry.
Participants in the Dehydrated Garlic Market have opportunities or not to grow?
China and India are the world’s leading producers and exporters of dried garlic. Dehydrated garlic is consumed in large quantities throughout Europe and North America. The dehydrated garlic industry is well-established in India and China, but there are numerous chances for expansion in other parts of the world. The dry garlic market is expected to benefit from the growth of the frozen food and ready-to-eat food industries.
Garlic that has been dehydrated is in high demand in the food processing industry. Why?
Garlic that has been dehydrated gives natural flavours in a concentrated form. Because any change in food components is likely to influence the quality of the food product, makers of frozen food, canned foods, and other foods want to utilise food ingredients with a lengthy shelf-life. Because the nutritional content of dried garlic is retained, it has a longer shelf life than raw garlic, making it more convenient to store and transportation, and this propels the dehydrated garlic market. The use of dried garlic in food items allows for preserving flavour and consistency, which is another key market driver. This factor is likely to encourage food manufacturers to use garlic for the production of the same. The dehydrated garlic industry is expected to increase as a result of this. Fresh garlic may be a time-consuming procedure because it has a short shelf-life and the availability of fresh garlic varies depending on the season, which can affect the cost price of fresh garlic. As a result, customers are more likely to choose dehydrated garlic since it is less expensive and more readily available, expected to boost the dry garlic industry.