In this project report, we want to give entrepreneurs the most profitable soya chunk processing company ideas. A business strategy guide is also included in the project report.
In health and nutrition, protein-rich foods are creating a buzz lately. Protein stands out as one of the essential nutrients included in the daily diet. Dietary protein helps develop and repair muscles and gives you a sensation of fullness, which aids weight reduction by preventing binge eating.
The protein content is abundant in Soya Chunk. Soya chunks, made from soybeans, are commonly referred to as vegetarian meat because of their flavour and fibrous texture. Soya chunks are widely utilised in Indian family kitchens as curries and snacks due to their high protein content.
Table of Contents
- 1 The following are some of the reasons why you should purchase the soya chunks project report:
- 2 Soya Chunks Properties
- 3 Market Potential & Business Plan
- 4 Market Outlook
- 5 Product Benefits
- 6 Set-up
- 7 Plant & Machinery Used in the Complete Process
- 8 Market Research for Soya Chunks Demand
- 9 Topics covered in the project report
The following are some of the reasons why you should purchase the soya chunks project report:
- By highlighting critical areas such as product advantages, demand for the product, and reasons for investing in the development, this project report assists you in identifying a lucrative project for investing or diversifying into it.
- The soya chunks product’s definition, properties, market outlook, and research are all included in this project report.
- This project report explains the viability of the project by revealing specifics such as the raw materials needed, the production process, the set-up, and the machinery.
- Forecasts of essential parameters are included in the project report, which aids in anticipating industry performance and making informed business decisions.
Soya Chunks Properties
- Soy flour, a by-product of soy oil extraction, makes soya chunks or chunks.
- Soy chunks and related food products have become famous worldwide due to their high nutritional value and therapeutic properties.
- It has the same protein as meat and has a comparable chewy feel.
- It is also cholesterol-free.
Market Potential & Business Plan
You need to understand the potential opportunities in the market for soya chunks before preparing the business plan report for the project.
- The soya Chunks market is divided into natural, packaged, and distributed; the worldwide market can be divided into organic and conventional soya Chunks based on nature type. The soya Chunks market is divided into three categories based on packaging: carton packaging, cans, and pouches. The product’s location determines the type of packaging selected.
- The soya nugget market in India is developing at a pace of 25% to 30%, forcing enterprises to expand their operations. The Global Textured Soy Protein Market is expected to grow at a 7.9% CAGR from 2019 to 2024.
- As people become more health-conscious, the demand for soya nuggets is increasing.
- New-market participants have begun to provide soya chunks, while established companies have expanded their demand power.
- The soy nugget industry in India is growing at a pace of between 25% and 30% per year, prompting firms to become more aggressive.
- Due to its high protein content, low price, and flavour, as well as its easy-to-cook nature, demand for Soya Nuggets has surged in the home and commercial food outlets and hostels, hospitals, protective cuisines, and others.
- Soy granules are used in various household culinary and beverage preparations in different parts of the world.
Also Read Article on Detailed Guideline for Peanut Butter Manufacturing Project Business Plan.
The global soybean market used 347 million metric tonnes of soybeans between 2018 and 2020. Consumption is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2% over the projection period of 2021-2026, reaching 373 million metric tonnes by 2026. As more health-conscious urban Indians continue to consume soya nuggets, demand for them is increasing. Soybeans are used for various purposes, including animal feed and pet food. On the global soybean market, the value of imported soybeans has altered substantially. The soybean market takes centre stage here since it gradually replaces dairy by providing the same nutrients while remaining environmentally sustainable.
The health advantages of soya chunks are numerous:
- Its protein concentration is higher than eggs, meat, and milk.
- It contains flavones, which are thought to reduce the incidence of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and alleviate other symptoms.
- It helps bones to be healthier and more digestible.
- Manganese, iron, calcium, and magnesium are among their minerals.
- Because of its high fibre content, it benefits weight management and diabetes prevention.
- A high magnesium concentration has been demonstrated to aid in treating insomnia.
- Vitamin B, vitamin K, riboflavin, and folate, among other nutrients, are abundant.
The device must be placed in a designated covered area. If you wish to create a small business, you may start with an area of about 3000 square feet. In India, a large-scale commercial facility’s proposed size ranges from 25000 to 500,000 square feet. Make sure there is a sufficient supply of electricity and water. Take a peek at the nearby transit choices as well. It is preferable to plan the floor arrangement before installing the equipment. The monthly rent for the same is estimated to be between Rs.20,000 and Rs.30,000.
Plant & Machinery Used in the Complete Process
For a soya chunk manufacturing project, the following plant and machinery are required:
- Starting Panel In All Motor.
- Mixer (SS Body) 7.5 HP Motor Gear Box
- Extruder with 50 HP Motor Gear Box, Cutter, Peaces Diameter In (2
- Pease Gol Badi) + (2 Pease Mini Chunks)
- 2 Belt Conveyor with 1 HP Motor Gear Box.
- 3 Stage Dryer with Motor Ms Belt Conveyer.
- Two Screw Conveyor with 2 HP Motor Gear Box
- Two Belt Conveyor with 2 HP Motor
- Heat Exchanger With Gear and Motor and Control Panel
Market Research for Soya Chunks Demand
Soybeans are also popular as a low-cholesterol, low-fat replacement for fatty meals. This dairy option will appeal to lactose sensitive folks. The soybean market would be propelled ahead by these forces. Soy milk, tofu, tempeh, silken tofu, and soy curd are just a few of the soybean products that may completely replace milk and its derivatives in our daily life. Consequently, soybean dairy-like products will disrupt and alter the industry in the future years. It also has a significant amount of fibre, protein, antioxidants, phytoestrogens, and omega-3 fatty acids, among other nutrients, which have health advantages.
Obesity cases have increased, resulting in a shift to soybean-based snack and food items like soy chocolate nuts and soy crisps, propelling the soybean market even higher. It’s also suitable for people with anaemia because it’s high in iron and copper, which help with red blood cell production. As a result, the global soybean industry is propelled by rising health consciousness and demand for dairy alternatives.
Topics covered in the project report
The project report of Soya Chunk covers the following topics, you can study them by paying a nominal fee.
|4||Types of Soya Chunk|
|9||Plant & Machinery|
|13||Cost of Project|
|14||Means of Finance|
|15||Projected Balance Sheet|
|16||Projected Profitability Statement|
|17||Cash Flow Statement|
|18||Production And Yield|
|19||Working Capital Assessment|
|20||Power, Salary & Wages Calculation|
|21||Financial Ratio Analysis|
|22||Calculation of D.S.C.R|
|24||Repayment Schedule of Bank Loan|
|25||License & Approvals|
Requirements for Human Resources
- The soya chunk production plant would require 7-8 people, including:
- 2 Skilled Workers
- 2–3 Unskilled Workers
- 2 assistants and 1 supervisor
License & Approvals in Soya Chunks Business
- Obtain your GST registration as well as your Udyog Aadhar registration number.
- As necessary, a fire/pollution licence.
- FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India) licence is a food product you will produce.
- Factory licence the product’s brand name and, if necessary, safeguard the title with a trademark.
The Raw Material Used in the Manufacturing of Soya Chunks
For the soya chunk manufacturing unit, the following raw materials are used as basic raw materials:
- Soya Flour
Soya Chunk manufacturing Process
- The raw material for soya chunk production is obtained from a local vendor.
- The inventory filling with all-raw materials.
- Water is added to the soy flour in the flour mixer.
- A thick slurry of Soy Flour is formed in the mixer.
- The Soy Nugget Extruder is fed this slurry.
- It’s a culinary extruder with a built-in die cutter.
- The slurry of soy flour is then cooked in the extruder’s barrel.
- The process requires heat, which is provided by the barrel heater.
- At this step, thick cooked soy paste is extruded via a die.
- Extruded soy nuggets are sliced with a cutter.
- The fumes produced by cooking are under a lot of pressure.
- As a result, these vapours escape into the environment following extrusion and result in the texture of soy nuggets.
- Soy nuggets are then fed into a drier, eliminating even more moisture from the chunks.
- After that, the dried chunks are inspected for quality.
- The soy nuggets are then packaged and sold.
The nutritional benefits of soya chunks are driving up demand in India. If you want to start a soya chunks manufacturing company then this project report will provide you with all of the necessary information, including investment, method, raw materials, and so on.
Who are the prominent participants in the Soy Chunks market, and how fierce is the rivalry in 2021?
• NOW Health Group • Ruchi Soya Industries • Fortune Foods • Bhutan Soya Proteins • Sita Shree Food Products • Vinayak Foods Group • Savour India Private Limited • SP Foods. • Modern Fearn • Mahakali Foods • Nilon's • Soni Soya Products
What are the Growth Restraints in the Soya market?
Several research studies have linked Soy food items to probable adverse effects such as menopausal symptoms, cancer risk, and elevated cholesterol levels. Furthermore, soy allergy is one of the most frequent food allergies, especially in children and newborns. According to studies, around 0.4 per cent of newborns are allergic to soy. While the allergy may lessen during childhood, the condition may persist into adulthood in the worst-case scenario.
Impact of COVID 19 on soya chunks market?
While customers have been gravitating toward health-focused items for some time, the COVID-19 epidemic has given the movement a boost. Many of the world's most extensive meat facilities have been shut down due to statewide lockdowns in various nations to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Consumers are turning to plant-based meat products due to the possibility of meat supply shortages, with meat substitutes such as tofu seeing excellent sales in developed nations. During the pandemic, such tendencies favour the soy food products sector.
What is the CAGR of the Indian market during 2020-2025?
The Indian Soy Product Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8 per cent (2020-2025).
What is the best way to package soya chunks?
Soya chunks are packed in HDPE, PP packets or bags, stand-up pouches with zipper openings, cartons, and food packaging boxes, among other materials. The product's durability is improved with this packaging.
What are the ingredients in soya chunks?
Soya chunks are formed from 'defatted' soy flour, which softens and spongify fast when soaked in water or added to a curry, soup, or korma. You may use them to make fried rice or veggie dishes.
What are the Expected Monthly Profits in this business?
After subtracting sales and management costs, you may easily make 1 lakh to 1.2 lakhs in profits every month. All of these statistics are based on your plant's sales and expenses.
How do you go about selling your Soya chunks?
You may sell your Soya chunks at local markets or even online. We can also advertise Soya chunks by registering on B2B and B2C websites in online markets. You may also sell your Soya chunks at supermarkets, tiny shops in shopping malls, and other similar establishments. Advertise your Soya chunks on social media to attract a large number of customers, allowing you to expand and market your business. There are just a few Soya chunks makers in India however the demand for the new product is enormous due to its therapeutic characteristics. As a result, you do not need to be concerned about the market. You may sell your Soya chunks in India based on the wholesale pricing of soybean products.