You can immediate download the Wood carving Manufacturing Unit sample project report format template, in MS excel or word / pdf format.
These reports will help you prepare a project report as per your objectives. This report will also be helpful in studying the project and gathering information about the project.
Wood carving is a form of woodworking by means of a cutting tool (knife) in one hand or a chisel by two hands or with one hand on a chisel and one hand on a mallet, resulting in a wooden figure or figurine, or in the sculptural ornamentation of a wooden object. The phrase may also refer to the finished product, from individual sculptures to hand-worked mouldings composing part of a tracery.
The making of sculpture in wood has been extremely widely practised, but survives much less well than the other main materials such as stone and bronze, as it is vulnerable to decay, insect damage, and fire. It therefore forms an important hidden element in the art history of many cultures.
Outdoor wood sculptures do not last long in most parts of the world, so it is still unknown how the totem pole tradition developed. Many of the most important sculptures of China and Japan, in particular, are in wood, and so are the great majority of African sculpture and that of Oceania and other regions. Wood is light and can take very fine detail so it is highly suitable for masks and other sculpture intended to be worn or carried. It is also much easier to work on than stone.
Table of Contents
How to Download Wood Carving Project Report
Gone are the days waiting at the door of the expert , as a result, get you Wood Carving Manufacturing Business sample report in hand, now you can instantly download report in excel or word format.
First Step – Click add to basket >> Check Out >> Payment
Second Step – Immediately after successful payment, you will get a link to download the report. You can download the report immediately from this link.
History of wood carving
Wood carving is one of the oldest arts of humankind. Wooden spears from the Middle Paleolithic, such as the Clacton Spear, reveal how humans have engaged in utilitarian woodwork for millennia. Indeed, the beginnings of the craft go so far back that, at least where timber is present, the use of wood exists as a universal in human culture as both a means to create or enhance technology and as a medium for artistry.
The North American Indian carves his wooden fish-hook or his pipe stem just as the Polynesian works patterns on his paddle. The native of Guyana decorates his cassava grater with a well-conceived scheme of incised scrolls, while the native of Loango Bay distorts his spoon with a design of figures standing up in full relief carrying a hammock. Wood carving is also present in architecture.
Types of Wood carving
Different types of wood carving techniques are as follow:
- Chip carving: Chip carving is also known as Kerbschnitt to the Germanpeople. This refers to the type of wood carving where the use of chisels is encouraged. The aim of the chisels is to remove or detach small chips of the materials that are to be carved. The material that is usually worked on is a surface and usually is in a single piece.
- Relief carving: This type of wood carving is usually done by carving figures into a panel of wood which is usually flat. The figures which are carved into it would then take up a slightly projected shape from the background which it has been carved into. There are two major categories of relief carving. They include the high relief carving and the medium relief carving.
- Chainsaw carving: This type of wood carving is the fastest growing art in the world. This is due to the fact that it combines beautiful art with the use of modern technology. This combination usually the key to amazing carvings.
- Whittling: The act of whittling most times simply refers to using a tool to carve out figures or shapes from wood. The tool which is normally used is a knife or a chisel. It is however normally done with a small knife rather a long knife as this is much more effective. These knives would usually be made with big handles which would allow the users to have a firm grip.
- Treen carving: This type of carving refers to the carving of household items with wood. However, it is important to note that most Treen carving would not include the likes of household furniture like chairs and cabinets.
Types and characteristics of wood
Methods and styles of wood carving include chip carving, relief carving, and Scandinavian flat-plane. Both softwoods and hardwoods are used, principally oak, mahogany, walnut, elm, limewood, chestnut, ebony, boxwood, cedar, cypress, olive, teak and pine.
Wood has various advantages, because of its fibrous strength, it can be carved more thinly and precisely than stone or animal bone. For large compositions, two or more pieces of wood may be carved then joined. Softwoods are easier to shape, but less durable. No wood is as durable, weatherproof or insect-immune as stone, and thus is used mainly for indoor works. Lastly, whatever wood is used, it remains an anisotropic material (its properties differ when measured in different directions), and is strongest in the direction of the grain.
Wood carving Market Analysis
Although wood carving tends to be an artistic pursuit, there are practical reasons to create utensils, bowls, and other daily-use items from the medium. Wood is more antibacterial than manmade objects, they won’t scratch the coating on non-stick cookware, and simple mineral oils provide care for the product.
In the developing world, the wood carving industry contributes a significant income for households.
The wood carving industry in India provides $65 million worth of revenues to the local economy each year. In Saharanpur, there are 50,000 people employed as wood carvers.
Description of Machinery & Equipment
Following machineries are required for wood carving process:
- Wood Chemical Treatment Plant
- Wood seasoning plant & boiler
- Band saw machine
- Planer machine
- Belt sander machine
- Buffing machine
- Wood Lathe machine
- Chip carving knife
- Carpenter’s chisels
- U- Gouges
- Bent and spoon gouges
- Skewed chisel
- Palm Tools
- Chain saw
- Drill press
- First of all design is prepared according to the type of product a person wants to prepare & wood is selected according to design
- Soft wood is used for the carving of complicated designs, which is mostly used for the preparation of decorative items. On the other hand, hard wood is used for the preparation of furniture and other household items.
- In 20% wood MDF (medium density fibre) is attached according to the design & cutting is done according to the shape of the product.
- Then cutting and carving is done according to the design of products and Then all wooden parts are joined together.
- After joining of parts accessories can be added in the product according to the demand of the client.
- Then sealing and painting work is done.
- After painting part is ready.
- Final checking of the product.
Key Points Cover in Sample Project Report
Project Report Table of Contents
|1||Purpose Of The Document|
|3||History Of Wood Carving|
|4||Types Of Wood Carving|
|5||Characteristics Of Wood|
|7||Description Of Machinery & Equipment|
|10||Land &Building Required|
|11||Cost Of Machinery & Equipment’S|
|12||Raw Material Requirement|
|13||Production Of Products|
|14||Labour & Skill Requirement|
|15||Wood Carving License & Registration|
|18||Cost Of Project|
|20||Computation Of Production Of Wood Carving|
|21||Computation Of Sale|
|22||Break Up Of Labour Charges|
|24||Cash Flow Statement|
|25||Projected Balance Sheet|
|26||Projected Profitability Statement|
|28||Computation Of Working Capital Requirement|
|30||Calculation Of D.S.C.R|
|31||Repayment Schedule Of Term Loan|
Apart from this, all the information is being provided. To help in preparing project reports.
Also Buy :-
For whom are these formats useful?
- CA Chartered Accountants
- Tax Consultants
- Small Business Owners
- Who want to self study
In addition to those who want to prepare project reports themselves.
Sample Project Report Format
In our project report format, we cover technology details, its diagrams, flow chart etc. as and when required or deemed fit to include. Also, prepare in-depth financial calculations which is necessary for the Investor/bank.
You will get the report data Wood Carving Manufacturing in PDF or MS word. Which you can use easily. You can also modify the information according to your need. You will be able to access the data easily according to the your requirement. Additionally you can easily convert the data to PDF format.