Candle making project report is available on this website. You can get the report in PDF format by paying the prescribed fee.
Do you want to start a candle manufacturing business from home or as a small scale manufacturing unit? Read this business project report guide to start your candle manufacturing unit in India.
People light candles not only for religious purposes but also as decoration items. In addition to traditional long white candles, there is also a very potential market for scented and decorative candles. Before we start giving details, let us introduce you to the main elements required for the manufacture of candles. They are wicks, wax, dyes, stearic acid, production machines, and packaging.
How to Download Candlestick Project Report?
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Download Candlestick Project Report?
- 2 Is the candle Manufacturing business profitable?
- 3 Do Market Research
- 4 Create a Business Plan
- 5 Investments needed
- 6 License, registration & other required
- 7 Raw Material for Candle Making
- 8 Machine Types
- 9 Making process
- 10 FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- 11 Project Report Content
Can easily download candle-making project reports. First, add the report to the basket. The second is to checkout. The third is to make an online payment. The project report will be get immediately after making the payment. Also, a link will be available in your email. Sample project report is available in PDF format. Create your report in Word or Excel format.
Is the candle Manufacturing business profitable?
Candle making is the most popular business for beginners, as it is very easy to start. Broadly, the reasons are as follows:
- First, the investment required to start this business is very low.
- Secondly, the process of making the item is simple. You do not need much machinery to manufacture candles. To start this business which is easily available in the market, you only need wax and wick.
- Third, there is a demand for candles throughout the year.
- The demand for traditional candles comes from religious needs. Candles are a must for any religious ceremony.
- Currently, the demand for scented and decorative candles is increasing. These candles are being used by many homes, restaurants, event parties to illuminate their interior.
- There are mainly two types of candles that you can plan to produce. One is a simple long candle of white color that has different heights and sizes.
- Another category is decorative candles such as colored, scented, spiral, birthday type, thin, spiral, scented, LED, pillar candles.
Steps to make a candle business plan in India for beginners:
Do Market Research
It is advisable to go for market research and collect information related to demand and competition in the local market. This information will help you create a business plan document that will detect gaps and execute accordingly.
Create a Business Plan
The first part of starting a candle-making business is to create a business project and project report. Based on the information gathered, draft a business plan and project report. A clear candle-making business plan is critical to your success. It is mandatory to study the important points given in the report.
The investment will mostly depend on the scale of business. For example, if you want to start at home or on a limited budget, your finances will cost Rs. 1 lakhs to 5 lakhs will be sufficient. However, for a large commercial operation, the required investment would be in the tune of Rs. 15 lakhs. The cost includes automated candle making machinery that will provide 500 kg/day candle production. Project report is mandatory for getting money from bank or any investor.
License, registration & other required
If you are planning to start a commercial candle manufacturing, then you need to consider the following.
- If you are planning to run a candle making business, a business license from the local authority will be enough to start with.
- You must register your business. You can create a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLP, or private limited company as per your requirement.
- Apply a PAN card for your business. Get a trade license from your local authority.
- Also, open a current bank account. It is okay to open a current account with major banks like State Bank of India, HDFC Bank or any of your nearest banks.
- You can also apply for loans for machinery and working capital.
- Prepare candle making project report before applying for loan.
- You may also register your business for Udyam Registration on MSME Portal.
- To start a candle making business in India, you have to apply for GST – Goods & services Tax Registration.
- You can also protect your brand name by registering a trademark.
Raw Material for Candle Making
The two main raw materials for making candles are paraffin wax and wick. You also need yarn, different colors, molds, decorative items, and fragrances. Pay special attention to packaging for gifts or decorative candles. Apart from the raw materials, you have to have some tools for making candles. These are melting utensils, thermometers, melting utensils, scales for melting wax, hammer, and an oven.
Many different varieties of candle making are available in the market. Choosing the right machinery is an important issue in starting the business properly. Incorrect selection of machines can result in little profit or loss to the project. Candle making machines broadly can be separated into 3 different types. They are manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic candle making machines. All machines are distinguished by their production capacity, production quality, and cost.
Evaluate the cost and investment
The cost of starting a small scale candle making business will depend to a large extent on the volume of products produced. The cost of the machine will increase according to the scale of operation and the type of machine you purchase. You can start a candle manufacturing business in your home with a nominal investment to buy a manual candle making machine. However, to start a small scale candle manufacturing unit in India would require an investment of 10 lakh to 15 lakh.
The manufacturing process is very simple. However, the operation process of various candle making machines can be very short. Then you need to pour melted paraffin wax on it. If you are using average quality wax, add stearic acid. However, for better quality, you may not need to add.
Candle MANUFACTURING Safety Guide
Wax should never be melted or in anything that does not have any form of temperature control because the wax has a flashpoint, and when it reaches that point will burst into flames without warning. The flashpoint can vary between 290 – 380 degrees depending on the wax. Always be safe when making candles.
Where to sell
There are mainly two ways to sell candles. One is physically distributing candles to its local retailers and distributors. The other one is selling online. For physical distribution, you should contact retailers and local dealers and ask them to promote their brand of candles. Your pricing strategy will play an important role in giving them an interest in selling products.
Use of this project report
This project report is important for people engaged in the candle business. The report contains business strategy information. CAs, Management Accountants, Tax Consultants, School College Students, and all Business Owners will benefit from this Project Report. Along with the project report of candles, you will find it beneficial to have a project report of a Agarbatti Manufacturing and Coir Brushes Manufacturing.
Finally, if you are a small beginner with little capital investment, it is always advisable to start with less manpower. You must take as much responsibility as you can do. As you grow your candle manufacturing business and increase profits, think about adding quality manpower.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the machines require for making candles and how much cost it takes?
- Semi-automatic machine for making candles cost Rs.75000.
- A fully automatic machine for making candles cost Rs. 125000.
Q2. How much cost does it take to start a candle manufacturing business?
On a small scale, it takes around 5 – 10 Lakhs.
Q3. From where you sell candles?
You can sell candles in your nearby shops, online on Amazon, Flipkart, etc., Retailers. You can sell candles in your nearby shops, online on Amazon, Flipkart, etc., Retailers.
Q4. What insurance do you need for making candles?
Please keep in mind that you will need public liability indemnity insurance; it is your protection claim that a member of the public should be injured as a result of your negligence. An example would be a customer who tucks his head and tucks his head because you have opened some boxes.
Q5. Is making a candle is cheaper to buy?
It must be cheap to make it yourself at home, right? Sadly, unless you’ve already got a cabinet full of candle making supplies, building your own can double the price of buying just one.
Q6. What are the things to keep in mind before starting a candle making business?
- Candle making project is the best small business you can start. It has low startup costs, does not require much equipment, and can be done from home.
- Before starting a business, improve your craft and get comfortable in the candle making project report and process.
- Always plan. Create a simple business plan that covers your products, market segments, and startup budget.
- Remember, you do not have to fix everything in the beginning. Experiment and see what works best for you. It is part of the process of being an entrepreneur. Start small and grow from there.
Project Report Content
Our sample project reports include the following content.
|5||Project At A Glance|
|6||Projected Balance Sheet|
|7||Projected Profitability Statement|
|8||Cash Flow Statement|
|9||Computation Of Manufacturing|
|10||Computation Of Sale|
|12||Computation Of Working Capital Requirement|
|13||Break Up Of Labour|
|14||Break Up Of Salary|
|15||Computation Of Depreciation|
|16||Repayment Schedule Of Term Loan|
|17||Break Even Point Analysis|
|18||Calculation Of D.S.C.R|