The Udyogini Loan scheme is a scheme to provide cheap and interest-free loans and business training to women traders. Under this scheme, women businessmen are given business loans and industry training when needed by many government and private banks.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has always stressed that there should be more business in the country, and women should become financially independent. In this step, the Udyogini scheme has been started by the Modi government under this government scheme 2020 – 2021
Ever since Narendra Modi became Prime Minister, business people, and micro. Working to provide every level of support to Small and Medium Entrepreneurs (MSMEs).
The Modi government has launched mudra loan scheme for sugar traders. Under the scheme, business loans of up to 10 lakh are granted to the businessmen in three categories without any mortgage. Similarly, the Udyogini scheme has been started by the Central Government to give loans to women traders.
For the information, let us know that the business loan of up to 5 lakhs is provided by the country’s NBFC to MSME businessmen in just 3 days without pledging anything. Let us understand what the Udyogini scheme is? What is the eligibility for the Udyogini scheme? What is the benefit of the Udyogini scheme? And who gets the benefits of this scheme?
What is the Udyogini scheme?
This scheme is not a central government scheme. However, as per the instructions of the Central Government, this scheme started by banks. The scheme is being run independently by the public, private banks as well as non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
However, the main objective behind launching the Udyogini scheme is to empower women. Therefore, under this scheme, women get their business loan. Please also inform you that those women also get loans who already have a business in this scheme.
However, under the scheme, women get a maximum loan of up to Rs. 3 lakhs. Also, this scheme’s special feature is that interest-free loans are given to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes (SC-ST) and physically challenged women.
Where can I get an industrial loan?
Besides, the Udyogini scheme can be obtained from all cooperative Banks, all commercial banks, and all regional rural banks (RRBS). For your information, let you know that women running their business through Udyogini loans are also subsidized by these financial institutions.
Who can get an industrial loan?
However, every woman who fulfills its conditions is entitled to get an Udyogini loan. Therefore, the same women are entitled to get a Udyogini loan, are doing, or want to do registered business as per the Udyogini scheme. However, there are 88 businesses have been included in the Udyogini scheme. Following is the list of 88 businesses included in the Udyogini scheme:
- Bangle making business
- Beauty parlor business
- The business of making bedsheets and towels
- The business of making book bindings and notebooks
- Coffee and tea powder making business
- Spice making business
- Corrugated Box Making Industry
- Cotton Thread Manufacturing
- Nursery business of plants
- Cut piece cloth business
- Dairy and Poultry related businesses
- Diagnostic Lab Business
- Dry Cleaning Business
- Dry fish trade business
- Eat-Out Business
- Edible oil store
- Energy Food Business
- Fair price ration shop
- Fax paper manufacturing industry
- Fish stall business
- Agarbatti Manufacturing Industry
- Audio and video cassette store
- Bakery business
- Making a tender leaf business
- Flour mill shop
- Flower business
- Footwear manufacturing industry
- Fuelwood business
- Gift Article Shop
- Handicraft Manufacturing Industry
- Household Article Retail Shop
- Ice cream business
- Inc Manufacturing Industries
- Jam, jelly, and pickle making businesses
- Typing and photocopying shop
- Jute carpet business
- Leaf Cup Production Manufacturing Industry
- Community Library Business
- Checks Knitting Business
- Matchbox manufacturing industry
- Milk booth shop
- Mutton stall business
- Newspaper, weekly and monthly magazine vending shop
- Nylon Button Manufacturing Industry
- Old paper mart business
- Stationery shop
- STD – PCO Booth
- Sweet Shop
- Sewing – Embroidery – Knitting Business
- Tea shop
- Raw coconut business
- Travel Agency
- Tutorial business
- On opening a typing institute
- Vegetable and Fruit Vending (Vegetable Shop)
- Sindoor Manufacturing Industries
- The business of weight gridding
Other Industries Eligible for Loan
- Woolen Textile Manufacturing Industry
- Betel & also Cigarette Shop
- Pan leaf or chewing shop
- Papad making
- Phenyl and also naphthalene ball manufacturing industry
- Photo Studio Opening Business
- Plastic goods business
- Pottery making business
- Bottle Cap Manufacturing Industry
- Can and Bamboo Manufacturing Industries
- Canteen and Catering Business
- Chalk Crayon Manufacturing Industries
- Slippers Manufacturing Industry
- Cleaning Powder Manufacturing Industry
- Clinic Opening Business
- Printing and dyeing
- Quilt and Bed Manufacturing Industries
- Radio and TV Servicing Station Business
- Ragi powder business
- Readymade garments business
- Real estate business
- Ribbon Manufacturing Industry
- Embroidery work on Saree
- Security service work
- Shikakai Powder Manufacturing Industry
- The shops
- Silk thread manufacturing industry
- Silk weaving business
- Silkworm farming
- Soap oil, soap powder, and detergent cake manufacturing industries
- Woodworking business
Eligibility of the Udyogini Scheme
It is very easy to get a loan under this scheme. Therefore, the conditions for taking a loan under the Udyogini scheme are very simple. Also, the conditions are made in such a way that more and more women can get industrial loans, and they can do their business.
- However, those women whose business is registered under the Udyogini scheme can get loans under the Udyogini scheme. Therefore, the list of registered businesses is given above. Also, it can be seen from there.
- A maximum loan of up to Rs 3 lakh can be availed under this scheme.
- Therefore, the women who are above 18 years of age and below 55 years will be eligible to apply for the Udyogini Yojana loan.
- The family income of a woman applying to avail of this scheme also not exceed one lakh fifty thousand.
In addition to above, there is no annual family income limit for widowed/disabled women. That is, whatever the family of widows or disabled women, she can apply.
These are the following documents which are required for the Udyogini loan:
- 2 passport size photo
- Aadhaar Card Photocopy
- Birth certificate (10th mark sheet, a certified letter from local tehsildar or letter written on the letter pad of Gram Pradhan / Local Zilla Parishad / Local MLA / Local MP)
- Photocopy of BPL Card (Below Poverty Line)
- Caste certificate (being in ST-ST category)
- Income certificate
How to apply for Udyogini Loan Scheme?
It is the very simple to apply for a loan under this scheme. Firstly, of all, get the Udyogini loan form from the bank if you want. You can also download the Udyogini loan form from the respective bank’s website. Thereafter, taking the form, fill the form thoroughly. To fill the form, also a photocopy of all the documents mentioned above will be submit, and the industrial loan form is submitted to the concerned bank. After submitting the form, you will have to go to the bank and regularly inquire till when your loan is being passed.
Some important things related to the scheme
Under this scheme, no property is to be pledged for taking a loan. Therefore, this means that the loan is availed without any mortgage.
Udyogini loan interest rate
However, the interest rate of loans available under this scheme is very low. Generally, the interest rate of the Udyogini loan varies from 8% to 12%. But how much will the interest be? However, this depends on the discretion of the bank.
Interest is waived on industrial loans for widow / disabled women.
However, the processing fee of the Udyogini loan is zero. That is, not a single money has to be paid in the form of loan processing.
It is necessary to mention here that GST Goods and Service Tax are also levied on the Udyogini loan.
The Central Government wants that under the Udyogini loan scheme, within the year 2020 – 2021, therefore, about one lakh women take loan under this scheme and make them financially self-reliant.
Many of you are not aware of the Udyogini scheme. Therefore, I hope in this article you may clear your doubts related to this scheme.
However, the scheme encourages and motivates women entrepreneurship among the poor by providing financial assistance to women to do business. This scheme also helps older women living in rural and backward areas. Udyogini schemes help in improving the income of an individual and families and contribute to the overall development of the country.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the objective of the industrialist scheme?
Encourage the SSI sector by creating more employment opportunities and also development to promote women entrepreneurship.
Q2. How much loan can be got under the Udyogini scheme?
However, the maximum amount of loans to women entrepreneurs under the industrialist scheme is Rs. 3 lakh.
Q3. What is the age eligibility to apply for the industrialist scheme?
The minimum age limit for applying for a loan is 18 years and a maximum of 55 years.
- PMEGP Project Report
- Mudra Loan Without ITR
- Mudra Yojana Subsidy
- Mudra Loan Documents
- Top 10 Most Successful Unique Businesses Ideas to Start in 2022
- Top 10 Wholesale Business Ideas best for 2022
- Cibil Score For Mudra Loan
- Mudra Loan For Doctors
- Maximum Age Limit For Mudra Loan
- Mudra Loan For E-Rickshaw