The Population Certificate For PMEGP is mandatory for every applicant. Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme is a subsidy loan criteria by the government to provide credit-linked subsidies to entrepreneurs. This programme is in run by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise. Khadi and Village industries commission is the main body that implements this scheme on the national level.
At the state level, it implements through KVIB, KVIC and DIC. The two schemes Prime Minister Rojgar Yojana and The Rural Employment Generation Programme have done wonders to establish the businessmen across the country and are still into it with the motive to generate more employment opportunities for all Indians.
The existing units that have already availed of PMEGP loan for establishment cannot take it again. If they have benefitted from any other government scheme that relates to their business then also they are not eligible for a PMEGP loan.
Its main objective is to take care of both Rural and Urban sectors so that no area in India is poverty-ridden and everyone can earn sustainable earnings along with employing one and all. It is a unique approach that is working to set up Micro and small enterprises to increase jobs in the country.
Table of Contents
- 1 Population Certificate For PMEGP
- 2 Objective of PMEGP
- 3 Is Population Certificate For PMEGP Mandatory
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for Population Certificate For PMEGP loan
- 5 Documents Required For PMEGP Population Certificate
- 6 What is the Procedure to Apply for Population Certificate for PMEGP
- 7 How To Apply For Population Certificate For PMEGP
- 8 Why is Population Certificate for the PMEGP loan scheme important?
- 9 Procedure to apply for PMEGP population Certificate
- 10 How To Apply Online For Population Certificate For PMEGP?
- 11 How To Apply Offline For Population Certificate For PMEGP?
- 12 How To Track the Status of Population Certificate for PMEGP
- 13 PMEGP Population Certificate Fees
Population Certificate For PMEGP
The population certificate is an official document that is compulsory to present for availing PMEGP loan scheme in India. Without this certificate the PMEGP application process is incomplete and you cannot avail of the loan.
It requires you to submit a few documents for PMEGP Loan to the concerned office that I will list below along with the application form. The applicant will also have to pay a nominal amount of fee to get this work done.
In the article below you will get complete detailed information about the population certificate for PMEGP. You will also be able to read the essentials for the application process, documents to submit and other basic details.
Objective of PMEGP
To promote employment opportunities in urban and rural areas by helping the businessmen set up their new small, micro and medium business ventures.
To Provide sustainable and regular employment to a large segment of individuals of the country in traditional and modern ways so that the prospective artisans and the educated unemployed or skilled youth can get help to establish themself and not migrate to other countries or places in the country.
Is Population Certificate For PMEGP Mandatory
Many people wish to avail of the PMEGP loan and are not aware of what PMEGP Population Certificate is and how to avail of it. Well, it is the certificate that you need to present before the bank while you submit the other documents.
It is a document you can get from the MRO offices and Municipal Office in your city. What you need to do is to write an application to the Relevant Officer who manages that office and you will get the population certificate in 7 days.
Eligibility Criteria for Population Certificate For PMEGP loan
- A citizen of India who has been residing in a particular region of a country for a long can only get the Population Certificate.
- An Indian Citizen below 18 years of age cannot get Population Certificate for a PMEGP loan.
- The businessmen or entrepreneurs who are applying for a PMEGP loan are eligible to get this certificate.
Documents Required For PMEGP Population Certificate
- The application form is duly filled out by you.
- A letter on the name of the officer who is going to issue you a population certificate.
- Your resident proof. For this, you can show your water and electricity bills, Ration card, Aadhaar Card or Driving License.
- Ration Card
- Residence Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
The authorities may ask for another important document also depending upon the eligibility in a particular region. So you will have to present that certificate as well.
What is the Procedure to Apply for Population Certificate for PMEGP
The population certificate is a certificate that helps the concerned authorities know about the population of the area where you want to establish your business. The Revenue Department of your state is the right place where you can approach to get the population certificate issued in your name.
How To Apply For Population Certificate For PMEGP
- To apply for the PMEGP population Certificate you have to reach the regional revenue department or the Municipal committee of your city.
- Reach out to the regional office and meet the designated personnel. Enquire about the complete procedure to get the population certificate for the PMEGP loan and collect the application form. Fill in your details along with this write an application in his name to issue you the population certificate.
- Attach the required documents with the application form. Present all the mentioned documents. Keep a photocopy of the application form and documents with yourself and submit the application and the documents set to the concerned receiving personnel.
- Once the receiving officer gets your application and documents set, he will check out your credentials and if there is any modification, he will ask you for it. After this, you have to pay some fees and the process from the end of the department starts.
- Do not forget to ask for the acknowledgement receipt that you will get after the submission of your application form and documents. You will require it for follow up in the future.
- The official will make an entry in his record about your application manually or on his computer. They acknowledge receipt will be given to assure you that your application has been received and the further process has started.
- The applicant will be informed to collect the population certificate for PMEGP in a week. The application process starts here and once it is complete the population certificate is issued. The certificate also has its format.
- The concerned official will sign it and put an official stamp on it too. The status of approval will be shared with the applicant on his mobile number. It will be delivered by hand or sent through post to the mentioned permanent address of the applicant.
Note: The applicant needs to take his original documents also to the office so that the officials can cross-check them with the photocopied ones. Without a cross-check on photographs or signatures the undertaking cannot start.
Why is Population Certificate for the PMEGP loan scheme important?
It is important to prove you have been living in a particular region for years and are a permanent resident of India.
You must get a PMEGP loan.
Procedure to apply for PMEGP population Certificate
It is an offline process. You need to do the basic formalities required in this context.
How To Apply Online For Population Certificate For PMEGP?
- Visit the official website of the municipal committee of your area.
- Click on the online application option that is available there.
- Another page will open in front of you. Now you have to enter your mobile number. Then click on the OTP button. Once you do, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and now you have to enter it on the screen to further continue with the online application process.
- The next step is to click on a new request and choose Population Certificate in the drop down menu.
- Select your language and proceed with your details.
- In the next option, you need to choose a mode of delivery as per your choice which can be through the official portal or registered post.
- Now you have to upload all the required documents and click on save.
- Choose the mode of payment and make the online payment. This you can do through net banking or by filling in your card details.
- Once you have filled in your details, make the payment and once the payment is successful, you will get an acknowledgement number.
- You have to keep this number safe for future reference. You will soon get the final certificate as per your chosen receiving method.
How To Apply Offline For Population Certificate For PMEGP?
- If you don’t have the preferred device or stable internet connection, you can visit the office of the municipal committee and get the population certificate for PMEGP Loan Scheme.
- Ask for the application form from the concerned official and fill it out. Along with this attach the required documents. Now is the time to pay a nominal fee. Once you have paid, you receive an acknowledgement slip that you have to keep safe with you because you might need to present it later in the office.
- The time to get your application processed in 7 days. You will receive your certificate in the prescribed time via register post.
How To Track the Status of Population Certificate for PMEGP
- When you are done with sending your application for the PMEGP population certificate, you can check its status now in the following ways.
- Visit the official portal of the Population certificate.
- Now click on the online application option and choose the application status option.
- Add your application number and type.
- The final step is to get the status by clicking on the get status option.
PMEGP Population Certificate Fees
You have to pay a nominal fee of Rs 25 to process your application for a population certificate. The amount that you submit is non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions on Population Certificate For PMEGP
It is a legal document that proves you to be a resident of a particular region in India. You need to present it to the bank while you apply for a PMEGP loan. Therefore you must have it. If you don’t have there is a process that you can follow and the population certificate will get to your home.
If you want to get the population certificate, you can apply it offline from the municipal committee office of your town. You can apply for it online as well on the official portal. You need to fill in the details that come your way, pay the fees and deliver the population certificate to your doorsteps.
The applicant needs to pay the fees of Rs 25 for getting the population certificate online and offline. Once you have paid the fees, it is non-refundable.
Usually, it takes 7 working days to get you the population certificate. If there is any hurdle it gets delayed too. But you can check the application status of the population certificate online on the official portal and get detail about when you will get the certificate.