The government of West Bengal introduces a scheme name Karma Sathi Prakalpa. This scheme launches intending to make West Bengal’s unemployed young people self-reliant. So, a target set to make 1 lakh of unemployed young people self-sufficient each year through the Karmasathi project (karma sathi prokalpo). Also, this project formulates to run for the next three years. Moreover, for this initiative Rs. 500 crore plans to allocate.
The project provides loans of up to Rs 2 lakh via co-operative banks that operate by the State. Also, the subsidy opportunities associated with the loan and the opportunity to repay the loan in instalments.
Introduction to Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme
Whereas the Government of West Bengal pushes in the State to create a profitable opportunity for employment.
Also, the Government of West Bengal considers it appropriate to assist young and enthusiastic state entrepreneurs. That too both in rural and urban areas. In setting up new enterprises for manufacturing and small enterprises for services and trade. To make them self-reliant.
Today, the government pleases to approve and support the introduction of a new scheme for the creation of new enterprises in the field of manufacturing. Along with small enterprises in the field of services and trade for state entrepreneurs.
On the occasion of the International Youth Day on 12 August in Kolkata, the Government of West Bengal officially launch the ‘Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme’. Under this program, one lakh of unemployed young people will earn soft loans and subsidies. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wrote on Twitter that West Bengal’s unemployment rate has dropped.
Any is intending or, prospective businessperson fulfilling the requirements below can apply. Only one member of a family must stand eligible to apply under this scheme where “family” suggests parent and spouse.
- Firstly, candidates must remain a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Secondly, only permanent candidates of West Bengal eligible for this scheme.
- Educational Qualification for the scheme implies minimum Class VIII qualifying. Also, the preference provides intending businesspeople who register with the Employment Bank.
- The loan provides by the state-owned co-operative bank as support to “prospective entrepreneurs”. In the age group within 18-50 years. In setting up “new manufacturing enterprises and small businesses”.
The objective of Karma Sathi Scheme Prakalpa 2020
The provincial government considers the new plan following instructions from Prime Minister Mamata Banerjee. Moreover, the ultimate goal of this program is to enable jobless youth to become self-sufficient.
- In the new scheme “Karma Sathi Prakalpa” one jobless youth who is not paid provides loans and grants. So they can become self-sufficient.
- Also, the Prime Minister adds to her statement that the unemployment rate in West Bengal drops in 2020.
- At that time the unemployment rate in India about very high by 24%. The unemployment rate in Bengal drops by 40%.
- Also, to help young entrepreneurs of the State in setting up new manufacturing enterprises. And small companies including services and trading.
- To build gainful self-employment opportunities in both rural and urban areas of the State.
Although, under the program, the national government sets a target of providing a one-year-old youth loan. Therefore, each beneficiary can receive a loan of up to Rs 2 lakh under the scheme. In addition to loans, the government also provides funding for new projects.
WB Karma Sathi Prakalpa: Benefits
The new employment generation projects help in securing the means of livelihood for the jobless youths in the urban part of the State.
The West Bengal government also provide Rs. 2 lakhs to the jobless candidates to begin their business.
Also, the scheme provides monetary help and a growing chance to about 3 lakh youngsters of the State in the coming three years.
Important Document to apply online
The duly filled-in application form must submit along with the following duly signed documents.
- Passport Size Photo
- Adhaar Card
- Proof of address& ID
- 10th or 12th Market Sheet
- Certificate of education
- Voting ID Card
- Copy of SC / ST / OBC / Minority / Certificate issued separately, if applicable
- Project report
Step to Apply Online WB Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme Application Form 2020
- Login to the Official Website WB Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme, i.e. https://wb.gov.in/government-schemes.aspx.
- On Frontpage, Click on the “Apply Now” Button.
- Application Form page \displays on screen.
Now enter the important details.
Mention all the details like :
- Father/ husband name
- Date of birth
Also, other information and upload documents.
- Tap on Submit Button for the final submission of the application.
Physical Application Form Submission
Under the scheme shall be submitted to:–
The Block Development Officer, in case the intends entrepreneur resides in rural areas. Office of the SubDivisional Officer in case of the intends entrepreneur resides in Municipal/Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation. And the Kolkata Municipal Corporation in case the intending entrepreneur resides in the KMC area. Application Form may also submit directly at MSME Facilitation Centre (MFC) of District Industries Centre (DIC) in the district
Procedure to review the beneficiary list of Karma Sathi prakalpa scheme 2020
- Firstly, you should visit the official website of West Bengal Karma Sati Prakalp Yojana. After this, the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- After that On the homepage of the website. You should click on the “Scheme” option. After this, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page, you should click on the “Karma Sathi prakalpa” scheme option. After this, a new page will open in front of you.
- You should now click on the “Beneficiary List” option on this page. After this, the form will open in front of you.
- In this form, you must select the details of the information requested, such as region, block, division, etc.
- After this, the Beneficiary List displays in front of you.
Incentives Under The Scheme
- This scheme implements by the State Authority concerned, through which a loan of approx.2 lakh provides each year.
- So far 1 lakh recipients are chosen as beneficiaries by the Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme.
- Moreover, about Rs.500 crore was completed by the state government for this scheme.
Assistance Under the Karma Sathi Prakalpa
Soft loans and subsidies are given under the framework to take up any new revenue-generating project up to Rs. 2 lakhs in the production, service, and trading/business field. Also, the loan issues on soft terms by the State-owned Cooperative Bank.
Quantum of Government Subsidy
There are two parts of government subsidy under this scheme:
- Firstly the Project Subsidy that is 15% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 25,000.
- Secondly, the Interest subsidy: That pays to the entrepreneur on annual interest paid by him/her to the Co-operative Bank:
a. 50% for timely repayment of interest for the best period of 3 years.
b. 40% for all other cases for the best period of 3 years
Margin Money in the scheme
The applicant whose project finally sanctions under the scheme requires to pay his/her contribution in the following manner:
a) The Project cost up to Rs.50,000.That is 5% of the project cost for all kinds of applicants.
b) Also, the Project cost above Rs.50,000.That is5% of the project cost for SC, ST, Woman, Differently abled, or Minority communities. After that the 10% of the project cost for others.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme all about?
It is a program launched by the West Bengal Government in which unemployed youth are given self-employment allowances.
Who will be eligible for this scheme?
Anyone who meets all the conditions of a job project will be able to apply as a potential entrepreneur. Only one person from the family can apply. Here the family refers to the parents and the wife.
What is the age to apply for the scheme?
Applicants must be between 18 and 50 years of age to apply for the program.
What educational qualifications required for the scheme?
I should have passed the lower eighth grade. However, if the name of the labour bank is registered, you will get it first.
What kind of project will be considered in the scheme?
Any new manufacturing, service, and commercial/business project under this project will be considered for approval. Loans and subsidies will be provided in simple instalments. Loans of up to Rs 2 lakh will be provided. The loan will be granted in simple installments from the central bank.
What amount of government subsidy available in the scheme?
A) Project Funding: 15% of project costs or Rs. 25,000 any less.
B) Interest Interest: The annual interest that the entrepreneur will pay to the co-operative bank will be paid.
Can unemployed girls who have completed their studies also get the program?
Yes, all unemployed girls can also get this program.
How can you check the list of Beneficiaries of the Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme 2020-21?
Visit the Official Website WB Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme, i.e. https://wb.gov.in/government-schemes.aspx. Check the Beneficiary list of Karma Sathi.
Mamata Banerjee led the West Bengal government to take many efforts over the past nine years to ensure job creation. Also, programs such as financial assistance help young people to do their jobs. WB Cooperation is gone. Already provides much-needed support to self-help groups to improve the economy in both rural and urban areas. Now unemployed youth in urban areas will benefit from the Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme.