The Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans(ASHA) replaces the current Entrepreneur Assistance Scheme in Handicrafts. Also, that aims to bring the artisans in the handicrafts sector within the framework of the Single Scheme. So, to benefit from financial assistance in the form of grant assistance for the establishment of handicraft enterprises.
Introduction: Assistance Scheme for Handicraft Artisans (ASHA)
The Government of Kerala Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans(ASHA) replaces the current Entrepreneur Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts. Also, that aims to bring the artisans in the handicrafts sector within the framework of the Single Scheme.
To benefit from financial assistance in the form of grant assistance for the establishment of handicraft enterprises. The goal of the Assistance Scheme for Handicraft Artisans is to:
1) Provide comprehensive support for artisans in the craft sector to set up micro-enterprises focused on handicrafts.
2)And also offer one-time funding (grant) as back-end subsidy to qualifying state artisans.
Objectives of Scheme
The objectives of the Handicraft Artisans Assistance Scheme (ASHA) describe below:
1) Firstly, to provide funding to artisans in the crafts sector for the setting up of micro-enterprises focused on crafts.
2) Secondly, to provide one-time grants as back-end subsidy to qualifying state artisans.
Any micro-enterprises involved in the handicraft sector and also hold udyam registration under the Ministry of Micro, Small Medium Enterprises, eligible for this scheme.
Note- The enterprises mentioned under the negative list such as units ignited by Government controlled agencies. Government-controlled industries, Public sector undertakings and also units finance by KVIC or KVIB are not eligible for any assistance under this scheme.
Important Features of the Kerala Government ASHA scheme
1) The Scheme visualizes increasing one-time assistance to Artisans who set up a micro-enterprise in the handicrafts sector.
2) Also, the support extends as back-end financial assistance in the form of a grant. Upon commissioning of the enterprise and after udyam registration under the Ministry of Micro, Small Medium Enterprises.
3) Moreover, 40% of the expenditure on Fixed Capital Investments (FCI) subject to a ceiling of Rs.2 lakhs. And also 50% of the expenditure on fixed capital investment for women, SC/ST, and young artisans subject to a ceiling of Rs.3 lakhs give as back-end subsidy.
4) The principal components of Fixed Capital Investment hold the cost of constructing a work shed or workshop, essential tools, equipment, machinery and also accessories, and electrification. Also, the Technology transfer fees or consultancy charge, or Product or Design development charge consider for financial assistance.
5) Even the Artisan needs to apply in the explain format with copies of the bill, vouchers, invoice, and assessments in support of the investments claimed as FCI.
6) The candidate must enroll as an artisan or craftsman over the office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) or Surabhi, Handicrafts Development Corporation of Kerala Ltd. (HDCK Ltd), KELPALM, Kerala State Beverages (M&M) Corporation Limited (KSBC), Keral Artisans Development Corporation Limited (KADCO).
7) Moreover, there is no fee charge for applying for assistance.
8) Also, General Manager or District Industries Centre does the sanctioning authority. The amount disburse by the bank.
Documents Required for the purpose of getting all benefits
The documents need to apply for this Handicraft Artisans scheme are as follows:
1) Prescribe application form duly signatures by the candidate. In the case of a partnership firm, the signature of all partners mandates.
2) A copy of self-attested receipt or challan towards payment of fees.
3) Copy of the Ration Card or Passport or Voter ID or Driving License of Promoters which is attested by Gazetted Officer.
4) In the case of young entrepreneurs applying for the program shall show the date of birth of applicant in any of the above ID documents
5) Self-attested copy of the resolution in the case of units other than proprietary to apply for this grant.
6) Also, a self-attested copy of udyam registration under the Ministry of Micro, Small Medium Enterprises.
7) Moreover, a copy of the caste certificate attested in the case of SC/ST entrepreneurs by the Gazetted Officer.
8) Detail Project Report (DPR) needs self-attestation. To apply for this scheme, you can get a good report from our website www.projectreportbank.com.
Additional Documents Required for the purpose of Technology Support
1) Copy of buying and also payment proof of technology or consultancy transfer costs.(Self Attested)
2) Copy of bills or invoice with payment proof of the new plant and machinery. (Self Attested)
3) Valuation certificate of a mechanical engineer. Not under the rank of an assistant executive engineer of the Government departments like PWD, Irrigation, LSGD, Industries, or a chartered engineer Member of the Institution of Engineers (India), approved valuer of an institution of valuers.
4) A Certified copy from the research institution to prove that technology exists new.
Procedure for Applications of ASHA scheme
The applicant must propose a properly complete application form. Along with the documentation as per the checklist to the District Level Handicraft Project Assessment Committee.
1) When approving the application form, the authority concern will review if all the appropriate information was presented.
2) If any of the details found insufficient, the candidate must consider making changes within ten days of the date of the submission of the request.
3) Any dues to a government agency or government on any account of the unit adjust from the amount allowed as an aid to the unit prior to the disbursement of the assistance.
4) Also, it can disburse the amount of assistance to the applicant’s bank account. Within 30 days of the date of receipt of the complete application, the General Manager responsible for sanctioning the assistance.
Application Fee for Assistance Scheme for Handicraft Artisans :
The Application Form for Assistance Scheme for Handicraft Artisans (ASHA) obtain from the branch office without paying any fee for it.
The application must place in the District Level Handicraft Project Appraisal Committee to establish with the following entities:
- General Manager
- Lead bank Manager
- AD (Development Commissioner Handicrafts)
- Manager in charge of Handicrafts.
Also, the committee makes verification of the application and suggests it to the General Manager. Moreover, the power to sanction the assistance under the scheme does place with the General Manager, District Industries Centre.
Expenditure covered under the Scheme
The following are the expenditure that’s eligible for assistance under the scheme:
A) A Construction of Workshop or Workshed.
B) Cost of Electrification workshed or workshop.
C) Cost of equipment or tools or machinery and accessories.
D) Also, Technology assistance, design, or product development.
Quantum of support
A) Aid at a rate of 40 percent subject to a maximum limit of Rs.2 lakhs must reimburse. To all micro-enterprises found in the State of Kerala by craftsmen in the crafts sector for fixed capital investment.
B) For the fixed capital expenditure of all microenterprises set up by artisans belonging to the category of SC& ST or Women and Young Entrepreneurs. Help at a rate of 50%, which is subject to a maximum limit of Rs.3 lakhs, that reimburse.
Note: Any organization which already receives a subsidy or grant for assistance under any scheme. That too from a province, central government, or government agency limits to the remaining aid payable under that scheme.
Elements of Fixed Capital Investments (FCI)
The construction cost of a workshop, workshop, instruments, equipment, machinery, accessories, and electrification includes in the FCI information.
Eligible for assistance that can infer any brand new recognizable equipment pieces, instruments, accessories, or machinery, like molds, jigs, as well as material handling equipment.
Manufactured machinery must accompany by a mechanical engineer’s valuation certificate, not below the level of Industrial Extension Officer of the District Industries Centre concern.
Assistance liable for Power Link costs to KSEB, transformer costs, and industrial wing costs.
A comprehensive project report requires the same approval in the case of technical support, product, or design production by government-owned technology. Product or design development agencies such as CSIR, CTCRI, Kerala Institute of Design, NID, NIFT, IIHT, AICTE-approved government engineering colleges, Science and Technology Institutions, etc.
Note: These institutions must verify that the technology is new. The product or design development is undertaken by them for the unit.
So, the assistance receives under the Handicraft Artisans scheme consider as repayable. That too by the candidate in the following events.
A) If the information provided is found to be false, incorrect, misleading, or misrepresented. In such cases, the assistance received by the applicant must refund along with interest at the rate of 14% per annum.
B) Also, if the units already avail by the startup support but do not commence their commercial production within one year after the receipt of assistance.
The Assistance Scheme for Handicraft artisans aims to give great Support to Artisans in the Handicrafts Sector. so that they can set-up Handicrafts-based micro-enterprises. Also, offers one-time support to all eligible artisans of the state as back-end help.
Frequently asked Questions
What is the ASHA scheme?
The Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans(ASHA) has replaced the current Entrepreneur Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts and aims to bring the artisans in the handicrafts sector within the framework of the Single Scheme to benefit from financial assistance in the form of grant assistance for the establishment of handicraft enterprises.
Who all can apply under the Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans?
All the micro-enterprises engaged in handicrafts can easily apply for the Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans.
What is the procedure to apply for the Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans ?
The candidate has to submit the District Level Handicraft Project Appraisal Committee with the properly filled application form along with the documents as per the checklist.
What are the documents required for the ASHA scheme application?
The documents that are needed to apply for this Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans are a copy of the ration card or passport, birth certificate, Udyam Registration , Detailed Project Report, and many more.
What is the purpose of the Assistance Scheme for Handicrafts Artisans?
It is the purpose of the Assistance Scheme for Handicraft Artisans to provide comprehensive support for artisans in the craft sector to set up micro-enterprises focused on handicrafts.
Also, you get and confirm information on the official website www.industry.kerala.gov.in.
You can also contact on
Directorate of Industries Commerce,
Vikas Bhavan P.O,Thiruvananthapuram
Phone No: +91- 471-2302774,
Fax No : +91- 471-2305493,
E-mail: [email protected]